Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Electric Mole or Zazen Ecstasy?
Zazen Ecstasy 21 47.73%
Electric Mole 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008.09.19, 10:19 AM   #51
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Zazen came first! 30th July 2000 and Gekokujyo was 7th December 2000
And why the kinda-nurse mannequin was featured in an earlier concert? o.O
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.19, 10:20 AM   #52
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I was just re-going over that ?? I'm not actually sure when Gekokujyo took place.. I was quoting the release date..? but as for the Actual performance date.. I've no idea.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.19, 10:22 AM   #53
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I dunno, Neko has posted this idea that Zazen was Shiina saying goodbye to her Western garb and embracing traditional japanese stuff. Its true that its the first time she was more traditional visually (which I honestly think accounts for very very little.) Its not like it was a full out sayonara to her "western roots."

Yes, there was Sugoroku/EM -- but lest we forget the tour before Sugoroku in promotion of KZK. The tour that was akin to BX (tho the actual performance in BX was before this tour of which im speaking.) I think this is a very western presentation. Jihen for the most part (excepting the very recent sotc2 shows) undoubtedly western. Even if you discount Jihen, HF was a classically showtunes affair.

I just think Neko has ran with this "leaving behind of western stuff" idea a little farther than it was worth.

Bongo: You are talking of the GX DVD release. Not when the GX show was performed live tho
Old 2008.09.19, 10:26 AM   #54
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I was just re-going over that ?? I'm not actually sure when Gekokujyo took place.. I was quoting the release date..? but as for the Actual performance date.. I've no idea.
Oh sorry, I thought you were quoting the concerts dates, but then I realized both concerts took place in several venues (Gekokukyo, especially). Sorry, silly me xD.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.19, 10:28 AM   #55
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Oh sorry, I thought you were quoting the concerts dates, but then I realized both concerts took place in several venues (Gekokukyo, especially). Sorry, silly me xD.
You were half right Orenji, I was listing Zazen's performance date but Gekokujyo's DVD date as I have no idea when that was on and I initially assumed that was the performance date.
Old 2008.09.19, 04:13 PM   #56
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

According to my records (from Ringo Catalogue), the GX concert toured between 2000.04.28 and 2000.05.31. So my guess is that Zazen was held after GX finished.

The killing of the GX doll could be a symbol of moving away from her rock genre, into the more experimental, traditional soundscape of KZK.
Old 2008.09.19, 04:33 PM   #57
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I think its just one of those cool images that is self-referential that Shiina just enjoys making.

Her giving the finger in the Tsumiki Asobi video, while wearing traditional japanese garments is clear sign she didn't agree with traditional customs guys! And the sword in the Tsumi vid? ho ho! Wait til you piece THAT one together.
Old 2008.09.19, 04:40 PM   #58
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

I thought that Ringo doll was gonna go up in flames.. I was a little let down with that.
Old 2008.09.19, 05:01 PM   #59
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

I want gamble live in dvd >_________<

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.19, 05:02 PM   #60
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I thought that Ringo doll was gonna go up in flames.. I was a little let down with that.
Now I feel disappointed that it didn't! Thanks a lot Bingo!