Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your fav album by SR/TJ?
Muzai Moratorium 15 9.26%
Shouso Strip 24 14.81%
Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana 75 46.30%
Utaite Myouri ~Sono Ichi~ 2 1.23%
Heisei Fuuzoku 11 6.79%
Kyouiku 8 4.94%
Adult 16 9.88%
Variety 8 4.94%
Sanmon Gossip 2 1.23%
Sports 0 0%
Dai-hakken 0 0%
Reimport 0 0%
Sunny 0 0%
Reimport vol.2 1 0.62%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011.07.05, 02:19 AM   #101
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Hmm. Fuck. How to do this

SG>Adult>KZK>MM>WH>SS>UM>HF>Variety>ZCS>Daihakken>Kyouiku>Sports

Though all these are way too close in reality that it's pretty meaningless to me. And yes, Variety is that high up- not me trying to troll (although my vote was :-p). Im going on how much I listen to it I guess (that or it's my way of FIGHTING DA POWER!). Sports being at the bottom suprised me but I guess it's pretty much my least FAVOURITE now I think of it. Keep in mind the word FAVOURITE.

And yes, Sanmon Gossip is my favourite. I could give a reason but I have gotten to a state where I don't even know why I'm so hooked (and REALLY hooked- it still sounds new no matter how many spins I give it). It is indeed my second favourite (at least Japanese) album of all time, although Yapoos' Daitenshi no you ni takes that prize.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.07.05 at 02:33 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 07:22 AM   #102
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

KZK≥HF≃SG≥MM≃ZCS≥SS≥UM

Kyouiku≃Adult≃Sports≃Variety

Daihakken=(x)= I haven't listened to Daihakken yet whoo.

I am really horrendous at ranking things so I had to do Ringo and Jihen separately especially since my feelings on TJ albums are fairly similar. KZK is my favorite album simply because 1) it is basically what I started with 2) it flows incredibly well 3) it's mysterious and 4) I love absolutely EVERY SINGLE SONG on it.

Also, for me, SS is fairly low. I do think some of the songs on SS are some the best songs of Ringo's whole career (Yami ni Furu Ame & Tsumi to Batsu in particular), but personally, I feel like the ratio of songs that I really like to the songs I feel indifferent/whatever about is too low for me to rank this album higher. I can appreciate those other songs separately, but as whole, I just don't feel like the album flows as well as others.

I'm not quite sure why I feel so similarly about all the Tokyo Jihen albums; I guess I'm just able to enjoy them all in different ways. Kyoiku has that nostalgia factor since it has some of the first songs I'd heard. I also think it's really great for listening to on a rainy day. Adult also has the nostalgia factor since it was about to come out right around the time I started listening to Ringo. Variety to me is just really easy to listen to; it's very light and airy and summery. Sports just grew on me really quickly, and I would listen to it to get up in the morning and walk to school.

blah blah blah I like everything yay.

EDIT Sports, Adult, Kyoiku≥Variety>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dai-hakken.

Last edited by BlueApple : 2011.11.22 at 12:26 PM.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 07:27 AM   #103
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

I can't decide....

HF=UM=KZK=SG
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 09:40 AM   #104
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

KSK >>> Adult >>>>> SS > Kyouiku >>> SG > Sports > Daihakken > Variety > MM

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
And yes, Sanmon Gossip is my favourite. I could give a reason but I have gotten to a state where I don't even know why I'm so hooked (and REALLY hooked- it still sounds new no matter how many spins I give it). It is indeed my second favourite (at least Japanese) album of all time, although Yapoos' Daitenshi no you ni takes that prize.
You have balls, for sure. I assume you're not scared of Jihad making scary faces at you?

Then again, I may bring that upon myself for putting Muzai Moratorium last.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 09:44 AM   #105
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

SG, whatever. All the Variety>ZCS shenanigans though -- you guys need to re-calibrate your meters. ZCS is probably the coolest thing in her catalog, and Variety the most embarrassing.
Old 2011.07.05, 09:50 AM   #106
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

ZCS feels more like a business decision than an artistic one.

I can't rank all of her albums, but I will say KZK is my favorite, followed by SG. Adult is better than Kyouiku. HF > UM, but both are high up. SS > MM, but both are low on the list.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 09:53 AM   #107
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

A strange three disc of three songs each collection sure sounds like a cold business decision... like, somehow more so than any other release in her collection?
Old 2011.07.05, 10:06 AM   #108
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Forgetting, of course, that the only reason she did it was to fulfill her contract of having to release a certain number of singles.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.07.05, 10:34 AM   #109
Tokyo Jihad

And she could have tossed out Mellow b/w So Cold or just the Haitsuiku Status stuff whatever and call it a day, (unless you are implying that each seperate disc counts as a seperate single in spite of the fact they were not sold separately. I'm not a lawyer, but contracts don't work that way.) but instead we got a really cool package with some really raw songs/performances. I'll take that any day of the week -- especially during the flurry of Shouso Strip.

If you seriously think Variety is better than ZCS in basically any way, then good luck with that and future music appreciation attempts.
Old 2011.07.05, 10:49 AM   #110
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
ZCS feels more like a business decision than an artistic one.
The fact that Ringo demanded the Manabiya disc be re-recorded in the studio instead of using the live recordings she wasn't happy with says the was still some artistic integrity there.

Last edited by Maou : 2011.07.05 at 10:54 AM.
Maou is offline   Reply With Quote