Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2008.10.02, 01:30 AM   #161
Jesse

Jesse has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ok, I've calmed down somewhat...

That photo of Ringo is hot!

The box set overall looks not bad, could've been better in my opinion. Why must it have a lens flare? Why!? I was very much hoping for a nice classy box ala Heisei Fuuzoku DVD. Just a nice box with a cool opening and an apple embellished on the front, or the 10th anniversary apple/lightning logo. Or just anything else... I just can't deal with lens flares. Hopefully the booklet and the poster are nice.

Suppose I should be thankful it's not freaking ugly though! And I suppose I'll just get over it. It hasn't made me regret buying it or anything.

Btw bingo, lenticular box with solo career styles would've been aweeesommee. Though I've never seen a box printed like that, only flat prints.
Old 2008.10.02, 01:32 AM   #162
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Okay Ringo that support the films of all life, as we see the act of leading actress in a movie (would be a dream too wet xDD)
As always in this beautiful new photo

forgiveness for my English, it is very terrible
Old 2008.10.02, 07:00 AM   #163
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

ok
1. The cds in the bigger picture look very silm so now I'm thinking they only have flimsy cardboard covers and the "recompilation booklet" is actually the lyrics/booklets for all 3 cds recompiled as one booklet?

2. I didn't even notice the flare cover until you guys mentioned it. It's boring and forgettable :/

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
or better still.. the first 200 boxes should have a real Polaroid pic of Shiina!! something that's really limited like that would be great.
maaaan that would be so awesome.
Old 2008.10.04, 10:05 AM   #164
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Ok I'm trying to justify buying either the DVDs or CD box set.

Don't know if this has been brought up before, can we expect a difference in quality between these new cds and old ones? Is the audio on the dvd better than the audio on the cd?

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.10.04, 10:07 AM   #165
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I think the DVD audio will be MUCH better than the CD's ? you can demux them and put the audio on your Cowon!! as for the CD's I remember it being mentioned that they were remastered.
Old 2008.10.04, 10:43 AM   #166
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

The picture of the lens-flare itself are pretty underwhelming, but I think it looks quite good on the box itself.
Old 2008.10.04, 10:48 AM   #167
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm not sure it'll be very noticeable either way. If yer Glath, then no doubt the DVD is for you. I'm not too sure the CDs will be a noticeable leap. Yes they're re-mastered, but its not like they were originally released in the early 90's. In fact, there's a very real chace they could sound worse than the originals.
Old 2008.10.04, 10:52 AM   #168
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
I think the DVD audio will be MUCH better than the CD's ? you can demux them and put the audio on your Cowon!! as for the CD's I remember it being mentioned that they were remastered.
Not gonna be true on an Audigy or a Fatal1ty from SoundBlaster. Those cards secretly resample the playback of everything to 48kHz regardless of what your software says. Then onboard sound is worse, whether it resamples or not. E-MUs are the only cards from SoundBlaster that I would trust to do true 96kHz/24bit playback, but they all use balanced outputs (for hookup with professional equipment), and it's not a very great idea to convert from balanced to unbalanced (what consumer equipment uses).

There's no advantage to be had on any portable player because they handle nothing beyond 48kHz, and usually they won't do 24bit either. You have to downsample to the degree where you might as well have just used a CD rip.

96kHz/24bit is strictly home-use only. It's not worth demuxing unless you are going to compress it in lossless and tag it (with software other than Easy CD-DA Extractor - which will change the sound to 48kHz/16bit even if it's 'lossless'), then play it on a serious nonconsumer/nongamer soundcard.

I would bet the 'new' CDs sound no different than the old ones. If they were ever going to make new 44.1kHz/16bit any different from old 44.1kHz/16bit, the KSK reissue wouldn't have been the same in mix and sound quality from the copy-controlled second-press. Why make KSK no different in July after we've had the same sound of it for 5 years, then all-the-sudden make it any different in late November? And if that doesn't make sense, then what makes anyone think that the new Muzai Moratorium or Shouso Strip CDs are going to sound noticably different from the old MM and SS CDs?

"Remastered" only really means something with the DVDs and their 96kHz/24bit, and only if you have the gear for it.

I fear that a lot of people who can't see past the buzzwords, are going to buy one MoRA box or the other, with high expectations for the sound quality, and they won't know what they are getting themselves into.
Old 2008.10.04, 12:30 PM   #169
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

so chances are i'm not getting them then, but I really really do want those stickers for my cowon case.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2008.10.04, 12:53 PM   #170
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I can almost guarantee that Yahoo! Japan Auctions will have a few sticker-only listings (it's already been happening with the latest releases, plus the first-press of KSK, plus some of the old scorebooks). Even after you pay all the shipping and other fees, it's still far cheaper than buying a whole MoRA box.