Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.04.28, 08:54 AM   #11
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I was looking through some m-flo CDs for info checking on the crew, and noticed the Orbit-3 single has a Jazztronik remix. When I first saw the name of the remix, I probably thought it was some random cool word they used to name the remix, but it was a DJ all along *gasp*

Anyway, it's pretty good, very loungey/elevator music but with strong beats and awesome sax/flute combo. I love how it's made of so many "parts" and yet all blend together with you noticing. That's probably why Ringo picked him for "Superficial Gossip", since for all we know it might well be a preview of every SG track mixed together (like what Patrick Wolf did for The Bachelor or ravex for trax, it's probably very common nowadays).
Anyway, I uploaded my rip here (mediafire.com/download.php?wdnvn1zwttm). If you can bear with the small rap section, it's probably even more rewarding than "Amai Yamai" (even tho this is totally unrelated to Ringo).
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 09:44 AM   #12
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Thanks!
The thing is, a lot of these nu-jazz guys - if not all of the big names - are DJs. Like Kyoto Jazz Massive, one of the brothers even played here in my town; which is why their albums may not always sound very cohesive or just not as a "listening experience" - but it's a completely different story on a dancefloor!
That's why I'm really eager to hear how a Ringo collaboration is going to sound and from the get go I imagined something along the lines of a "dance remix", but not quite. For some reason it just sounds cool Ringo would experiment a bit with dance music (she could definitely pull it off - Yokushitsu!)
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.28, 09:56 AM   #13
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

The problem is that apparently the album may not get the Jazztronik sound, which I would prefer over Neko, just because of the fact it's someone almost new in Ringo's career. Not to mention this is probably the closest we get to my dream Ringo collab with Cornelius lol
Old 2009.05.01, 12:36 PM   #14
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know why I was under the impression that it was a DJ and not a collective. Even after hearing 5 or 6 songs. Whenever I listen to them I think "this is really good but I'd rather be listening to Fantastic Plastic Machine, PE'Z or Fantastic Plastic Machine remixing PE'Z". On a side note I had no idea that they were collaborating with Ringo. Nice. I think Ringo is a better fit than all the shitty artists Jazztronic has collaborated with.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.01, 02:58 PM   #15
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Jazztronik is a dude.
Old 2009.05.01, 06:32 PM   #16
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
you complete me. i could have easily done that myself or read through the posts in this thread but I was a lazy A-hole. And even though I'm not crazy about Cornelius, liking him usually automatically means you have better taste in everything than most people.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.02, 11:53 PM   #17
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

theres a deja vu feeling seeing Cornelius and Fantastic Plastic mentioned here. they make music similar to Jazztronic.

I think Ringo read the forum and got some ideas from one of the old prediction threads.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.04, 06:27 AM   #18
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I think Ringo read the forum and got some ideas from one of the old prediction threads.
I always thought it!!!!
O_O
Ringo is reading every single post
C'mon it's just googling shiina ringo and you find these forums
and everyone googles themselves!!!!!

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 06:13 PM   #19
I c h i r o

I c h i r o pleased at least somebody

I love his work.
He's just great.
I c h i r o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.02, 07:48 PM   #20
TakeCake

TakeCake pleased at least somebody

=O I was just listening to Jazztronik. The English (Incognito Session) version of Beauty-Flow. I love this song so much.. it's ridiculous.

So looking forward to the collab.!
TakeCake is offline   Reply With Quote