Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2009.07.25, 09:58 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Well, you can swear that the drummer looks like Hata because he is Hata. The guy gets around - just not as much as Kameda.
Old 2009.07.25, 11:28 PM   #12
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

When did Izawa change his name? Wasn't it Izawa Ichiyou?

Beltzshumeltz, I would introduce you to SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS, but if you're just discovering SR/TJ I think your brain would explode with awesomeness. They're really quite amazing though, and after 5 albums they're only getting better....
Old 2009.07.25, 11:55 PM   #13
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by hoopra View Post
i swear the drummer for one or two of mika nakashima concerts looks like hata but im not sure if it is him or not
I have that dvd! the one for the Love album? it was definitely a WTF moment for me. Hata also plays drums for Fuji Fabric. He's gotta pay the rent somehow.

Soil and Pimp are worthy of international fame. They could or already have revitalized the Jazz scene which turned into a relaxing, smooth listening shite hole here in the states.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 02:12 AM   #14
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks for that post, Glath =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 03:02 AM   #15
Beltshumeltz

Beltshumeltz is headed in the right direction

Thanks a lot for all the helpful posts guys, especially the complete description of what other acts I should look into from Glathannus.

By the way, I'm not new to Ringo and Jihen, I've been listening constantly for 5+ years! Soil and Pimp seemed very interesting to me as I love her Jazzy stuff, like Sanmon Gossip and some of the Tokyo Jihen stuff many people dislike.

I'm gonna check out their stuff next!
Beltshumeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 09:28 AM   #16
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

hey
about HZM
wasn't he a famous child pianist when he was little?
I don't remember where I read it, but I read
and Hata play drums on Glamorous sky single too if I'm not mistaken

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 09:33 AM   #17
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Beltshumeltz View Post
By the way, I'm not new to Ringo and Jihen, I've been listening constantly for 5+ years! Soil and Pimp seemed very interesting to me as I love her Jazzy stuff, like Sanmon Gossip and some of the Tokyo Jihen stuff many people dislike.

I'm gonna check out their stuff next!
My bad, I just assumed you were new to SR! So you've had enough time to let all her compositions soak through your aural senses, have you decided which era of SR/TJ you like the best?

Also, I think Asai Kenichi's vast discography is very very worthy of your time. His band Blankey Jet City shaped most of her early rock songs. Plus, he played the guitar solo in Tsumi to Batsu.

Petrolz would be a fucking waste of time, don't even go there. So is Appa.

Peace & Love
Old 2009.07.26, 09:40 AM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
yeah, if you like trannies with shitty vocals....
which is why i dont see why you don't like it. =p
Old 2009.07.26, 10:12 AM   #19
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
When did Izawa change his name? Wasn't it Izawa Ichiyou?
It would appear he has two names... looks like he uses 伊澤啓太郎 (Izawa Keitarou) with APPA, and 伊澤一葉 (Izawa Ichiyou) with Jihen? Keitarou is his real name; Ichiyou is his stage name.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.26, 06:15 PM   #20
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

I enjoyed reading this. it was like a recap on things that I didnt know about. Glanth. You sure are well informed. Or maybe its just my lack of searching ability.

I call it me being lazy.

But anyway. Good read
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote