Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.10.07, 02:23 PM   #41
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I'd like to see "Marunounchi Sadistic"! She's never performed that one!

But seriously...

Douzo Kono Mama - Getting the obscure out of the way first. Yes, I realize that she only performed this at some obscure Instore Event that didn't even get a DVD release. But man, is this cover awesome! Great piano licks, cool funky/scratchy guitar, and stellar vocals from her all make it one hell of a performance. I just love the melody of this one! I know it will never be performed again but it would be a real treat (for me, at least) to visit this Keiko Maruyama piece once more.
Yattsuke Shigoto - Sadly a gem that to my knowledge she has never done live. I would like ANY version of this. I don't even care! I understand it would be a little more difficult to pull off a KSK version so a ZCS would definitely suffice.
Aisaika no Choushoku - my favorite B-side she's ever released and another one that deserves to be performed. This song is undeniably awesome! How could she miss this one???
Hatsukoi Shoujo - I am with justriiingo on this one. It would be very interesting to see how this song transfers over. That and the fact that it's probably my favorite track on HF.
Shuukyou - An incredibly difficult song to do right live, I imagine. There is just so much that went into the production of this opener track that I think would be hard to duplicate. Nevertheless, if she could pull this one off well, I think all of the "nu-Shiina/Jihen haters" on the forum will be won back over (if at least a bit)!
Old 2008.10.07, 05:46 PM   #42
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

shuukyou! even with a new arrangement, im sure id love it

and my favorite songs of hers.. of course, gamble.. it doesnt really matter which version.. if possible a new one .. or one a la sakuran ver...

aisaika is also so nice.. i wish i had the bootleg when she performed it with a new arrangement back in 2002

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.07, 05:50 PM   #43
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

I don't know if these shows happened or not yet and I'm sure you don't have the tickets anymore but if you couldn't get rid of them I'd probably be interested in buying them from you! Tickets for Tokyo sold out in less than an hour. It was my first time buying tickets in japan so I didnt know they would
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.07, 05:51 PM   #44
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

wait that was for august with zazen boys.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.24, 02:16 PM   #45
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

**Things I wanna see (aside from no Uki or Neko)**
:: finger armor
:: big eyes
:: eyes rolling in the back of head
:: rolled R's. Technically not something I'd see. But really, what the hell happened to this practice? It used to be her thing.

Technically this goes for things I wanna see again "from now on" but November would be the perfect place to start, right?

...at least the rolled R's and the big eyes.
Old 2008.10.25, 09:00 AM   #46
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

just won the ticket in yahoo auction jp
8,000yen ==> 11,000yen

See you on 29/11 Ringo
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 03:45 PM   #47
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

We'll be at the same show ChkkShhhhh (what the hell if your username?!).

As usual, I must preface my remark by the fact that Ringo has not done too many things that have soured me on her, and I am still very open to whatever she will do in the future. (If she does HF part 2 or TJ does Variety part 2, I will begin to join the legions of whiners, but we will have to wait and see.)

I will not be surprised if this is a very mellow show. I am resigned to the fact that it will most likely NOT be the big rock show so many are hoping for (including myself, to a point). I don't think we need another run through of the Saito big band numbers, and barring that happening, I think I am beginning to get excited. I will be more (or less) excited when I get my ticket and know what kind of seat I scored.

4 weeks!

I refuse to read any reviews of the first show before I go. I will either be blown away or disappointed on my own terms.

Last edited by natsume : 2008.10.31 at 03:50 PM.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 03:49 PM   #48
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm beginning to think she could sing Mellow. I wonder how a Neko version would sound.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.31, 03:51 PM   #49
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
I'm beginning to think she could sing Mellow. I wonder how a Neko version would sound.
Don't EVEN JOKE about that! >=|
Old 2008.10.31, 04:08 PM   #50
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Oh c'mon! If she wants to Nekomix every song, we might as well enjoy it just for the lulz xP

...Ok, I'm joking. It would totally scare the shit out of me.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote