Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2007.05.10, 03:29 PM   #91
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

And what about Persona 3?
Well, I have really WAY TO MUCH to play now that I'm buying a new PC. I have to catch up about 5 years of PC gaming history...

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.10, 04:39 PM   #92
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

As far as I know Persona 3 only has a few minor cameos and the story isn't connected to the other games. In fact, Persona 2 doesn't even have much of a connection to the original game. Some of the areas are the same and a couple of characters are in both games.
Old 2007.05.10, 06:52 PM   #93
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I find it weird how many people say they have to "force" themselves to play FFXII. My brother says the same thing, I think its that the story isnt what drives the game as much as in the other games. In this game they let you play alot more than in the other games where its like story, dungeon, boss, story and it keeps you hooked. While here you can go long stretches without main plot developing. Is this what people dont like about it?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.10, 06:58 PM   #94
golem09

right now I'm stuck on Morrowind and Phoenix Wright. Once I got my new hardware I think I will play some Oblivion

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.05.10, 07:03 PM   #95
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
right now I'm stuck on Morrowind and Phoenix Wright. Once I got my new hardware I think I will play some Oblivion
Morrowind > Oblivion
Old 2007.05.10, 07:21 PM   #96
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Morrowind > Oblivion
Agreed.

*plays his not-for-sale soundtrack CD that sounds just like everything else from Jeremy Soule*
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.10, 10:10 PM   #97
golem09

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Morrowind > Oblivion
Morrowind on 32" LCD TV at 1360*768 FTW

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.05.11, 12:21 AM   #98
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Half-life > half-life 2

The first GTA was kind of cool but even though GTA3 was similar in many ways, it revolutionized things of course. GTA3 really was grand. Vice City as well, just it lacked a topography - still very worthwhile. San Andreas got better in that sense. Now this game series just needs some serious mission/script writers.

Oh, and Phoenix Wright is great so far. Being a lawyer, defending people at court... "objection!!" (though I trick the DS machine by saying some other obscene words).
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.11, 06:36 AM   #99
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Half-life > half-life 2

The first GTA was kind of cool but even though GTA3 was similar in many ways, it revolutionized things of course. GTA3 really was grand. Vice City as well, just it lacked a topography - still very worthwhile. San Andreas got better in that sense. Now this game series just needs some serious mission/script writers.

Oh, and Phoenix Wright is great so far. Being a lawyer, defending people at court... "objection!!" (though I trick the DS machine by saying some other obscene words).
Half Life 2 is 200% better than Half-Life. Half-Life 2 is possibly one of the only games that has ever lived up to it's astounding amount of hype. Plus, Garrys Mod FTW

As for GTA... I'm pretty sure they don't need new script writers. The San Andreas dialogue was heralded as some of the best in gaming, hence how they got the likes of Samuel L Jackson to come in (Though I'm sure a bit of money helped too). But seriously, the script and the superb voice acting always help to completely envelop me in the GTA stories.

Morrowind on 32" LCD TV at 1360*768 FTW
If theres one thing that Oblivion destroys Morrowind with, it's the visuals... so I'd have to say Oblivion on a 32" LCD at 720p FTW!
Old 2007.05.11, 07:34 AM   #100
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
SMT is the best console RPG series ever. If you do buy it, don't give up on it quickly. There is an extreme difficulty/learning curve for new players of the series. You might want to start with the Digital Devil Saga games first to ease yourself into the SMT gameplay style.
Alrighty, I may try that out... thanks mon

Did anyone ever play Secret of Evermore? I had beaten Secret of Mana and loved it, and then I went to Secret of Evermore, which I know isn't a true sequel... and that game was really freaky. I actually ended up beating it and feeling kind of depressed afterwards (which is kind of what I felt all the way through). I want to play it again, but for some reason I sold that jawn years back. I'm about to check on eBay..
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote