Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.01.11, 06:17 PM   #21
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

They show all four in one night? I wonder why America gets gypped. :|

The first two were excellent, but the previews definitely look much cooler. Jack's launch into Tony on the dock was impressive. Everyone I watched it with was laughing at that. I was happy to see those two fight.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.11, 07:48 PM   #22
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
They show all four in one night? I wonder why America gets gypped. :|
No, the screeners leaked to the net
Old 2009.01.14, 07:31 AM   #23
fluffiethesock

Ahhh man, I'm so glad they did that with the story. Tony is a great character, and the show is really going to be better with him back in it. Season 6 was very lacking in terms of developed, likable characters.
Old 2009.01.19, 09:55 PM   #24
fluffiethesock

Pretty swell episode tonight.

Does the silent clock mean she's dead? If not, they're really toying with us, and I don't think I can believe them about anything anymore. But I do hope she's alive. She's one of the few interesting female characters in a while.
Old 2010.01.17, 10:02 AM   #25
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

New 24 tonight! Woop. Last season was a return to form (though it peaked at the White House siege) so let's hope that continues.
Old 2010.01.17, 07:20 PM   #26
fluffiethesock

Last season was aiiiight, but looking back I don't think it was anything great. Certainly better than 6 though. It's nice to have believable characters again this season (so far). I have high hopes for Bubba at CTU.. he seems to be pretty solid. I've gotten tired of the CTU/FBI employees constantly bickering.

Also, Chloe is bearable when nobody likes her
Old 2010.01.18, 03:40 PM   #27
Inaudible-Whisper

Pretty good start. Slower pace than the usual season premieres but it was good. It's really starting to become formulaic now though. They kinda changed it up last season by moving city and getting rid of CTU but now we're back to square one, with the new typical CTU team who distrust Jack but by the end will warm to his way of thinking and follow his every word. Also I pretty much started the season looking for moles for an inevitable plot twist. Oh well, I suppose I can't judge the whole season though; perhaps once the assassination plot is dealt with in the next couple of episodes it'll move into a really interesting direction. I didn't notice til half way through that the russian guy was Horace Goodspeed with a haircut :p
Old 2010.01.18, 06:08 PM   #28
fluffiethesock

It seems like they're getting rid of all the regular "plot twists" from the start, what with revealing the mole and having CTU distrust Jack. I may be a bit premature in this assessment, but it seems like the writers are actually showing some originality this time around. Also, the past two seasons focused mainly on one plot line, but this one seems like it's going back to the style of seasons 1-3 by including more than one storyline.

Also, the preview for the next episode didn't include any explosions. Maybe they're going to be focusing on story rather than action for the first time in a while. HECK YES