Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.08.10, 08:01 AM   #11
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Jesus, the broadcasting of that game on dutch television just got cut off 2 minutes before the end of the 4th, "It's now pretty obvious America will win the game so here's some other moments that happened today".
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.10, 08:35 AM   #12
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Kobe doesn't fit the team at all. He's playing with four star players and still plays selfish ball and takes bad shots early in the shot clock. D-Wade should be starting instead of Kobe.
Old 2008.08.12, 07:26 AM   #13
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 07:29 AM   #14
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!XDDDDDDDDDD
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 07:58 AM   #15
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Sssuper Sssaiyan
That man is so incredible

And what about Gravestijn?
Originally Posted by wiki
Two months after Gravenstijn won the bronze medal at the Olympics her younger sister Merghery died.[4] Still she finished the year 2004 with a Dutch Championship title in Rotterdam. She was also awarded the Faas Wilkes Trophy.[3] In 2005 she started with a third place at the Super World Cup in Hamburg and she became second in the World Cup in Rotterdam. At the European Championships, also held in Rotterdam she became seventh.[3]

In May 2005 she fell during a match and suffered a double neck hernia. A return to the tatami was very unlikely, but she was determined to return and foughty hard to make her comeback.[4] One month before she eventually made her comeback in March 2007 her mother Carmen died, her second loss in her direct family since she won her Olympic medal.[4]

Comeback

Her comeback to the international judo circuit was no success from the start. The death of her family members and her recent injuries still had a huge impact on her performances. Also due to these happenings her coach Jan de Rooij was no longer able to give her the aggression she needed to compete.[4] National coach Marjolein van Unen took over from De Rooij in February 2008. Since then Gravestijn achieved a total of three top 5 rankings in World Cup meetings, inclusive the second place in Budapest and the first place in Warsaw.[4] During the 2008 European Judo Championships in Lisbon she qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics.[4] She lost in the second round of the tournament after a mistake made by the referee, who changed the score of her match the exact other way, just 40 seconds before the end of the match.[5] Thanks to one of her main rivals in former years Isabel Fernandez who eliminated Inga Kolodziej just four seconds before the end of the game Gravenstijn qualified for the Olympics.[4] Due to Fernandez's win Gravenstijn remained on top op Kolodziej for the Olympic rankings.[4] One month before the start of the Olympics she was hit by a medicine ball during a training session. The ball which weights 5 kilogrammes landed with a high speed at her head, giving her recently recovered neck another big smack.[6] The injury almost forced her to miss the Olympics, but Gravenstijn recovered faster than expected.[6]

At the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing Gravenstijn had a bye in the first round and defeted Ketleyn Quadros in the second round.[1] In the quarter finals she faced Fernandez and in a tactical game with just one koka Gravenstijn advanced to the semi finals in which she won against local hero Xu Yan.[1] In the final and gold medal match Giulia Quintavalle won with a yuko and left Gravenstijn with the silver medal.[1][7] Afterwards Gravenstijn dedicated the medal to her deceased sister and mother as well as to her still living family members.[4]
:') such heart
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 08:30 AM   #16
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Jason Kidd is worthless. LeBron is doing a much better job running the team.
The man is not as fast as Deron or Paul, can't shoot like those two, and has probably taken a step back defensively. Do not forget though, he was amazing during the qualifying games playing pretty much the same way, letting everyone else score while maintaining a background role. It's too early to judge his approach to Olympic basketball based on two games against lackluster opponents.

I'm not really excited about the Olympics, swimming and running are not really exciting to watch. Basketball is the only thing I tune in for and even that is lackluster due to the fact that USA will run pretty much every other country into the ground.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 08:37 AM   #17
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I was so excited for the Olympics this year but the USA basketball games are at 8 AM in my time zone!!! >_<. I might watch the one this Thursday since that's my day off from work. ARgh
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 09:04 AM   #18
Maou

Originally Posted by cjhobbies00 View Post
I'm not really excited about the Olympics, swimming and running are not really exciting to watch. Basketball is the only thing I tune in for and even that is lackluster due to the fact that USA will run pretty much every other country into the ground.
I'm excited about the swimming this year because of Michael Phelps. It was amazing watching the USA rally from behind to beat France in the 4x100 after that trash talk from the French. I'm also looking forward to the track stuff because I used to run.

I'm sure the US is going to win the gold in basketball, but I have to wonder if they would be better off starting Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade instead of Kidd and Kobe. CP hasn't looked any better than Kidd, but he's still a much more dynamic player at this point of their careers. Wade simply plays better with this team than Kobe. Wade and LeBron seem to have good chemistry when they're both on the court.

The time difference actually working out pretty good for me. Sure I miss basketball when it's on at 8AM, but I get to see everything else since I'm a night person.
Old 2008.08.12, 09:08 AM   #19
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

I've been watching the entire games non stop!! Hockey, Equestrian, Volleyball, Badmington, everything!! I don't even follow half this stuff but I always watch all the big sporting events regardless ? I like to watch any kind of sport be it Snooker, Formula 1 anything at all
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 09:11 AM   #20
Maou

Yeah, we've been watching everything. We watched freakin' water polo over the weekend. Weightlifting is on now and I'm confused. The announcers keeps talking about cleaning and jerking and it sounds so dirty.