Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2014.03.10, 07:01 PM   #111
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

You can sample the Kitsunebi song on iTunes now, Oomori's part is really beautiful (she does the chorus on her track). So even though I probably will only listen to the actual album once or twice, at least her track will be on constant repeat on my playlist ;-p

And sigh... just ordered the Up Up Girls! single. Regular edition though, I'm not crazy enough to spend double the price for a DVD I'll never watch...

Hardcore collecting man, it's a pretty retarded hobby, but still, the satisfaction is like a drug...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.10 at 07:07 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.12, 04:51 PM   #112
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I & YOU

This is the original version of I & YOU & I & YOU & I. It's so different I at first didn't realize it was a cover, but something about it was so familiar. Wow.
So this song is by a sub-group of Morning Musume, which is the same group that Michishige Sayumia is a part of (the idol who is the subject of Midnight Se Isei Kyou)
Also Morning Musume is managed by the same company that does Up Up Girls. I'm making connections! It's a CONSPIRACY!
Or it oculd just be that Oomori is a Morning Musume fan?
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.12, 05:56 PM   #113
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Oomori is a Morning Musume fan
I'm pretty sure this is well established by now???

I watched a couple of the Up Up Girls PVs out of curiosity (not the ones with Oomori) and yeah, these really do seem like the underdogs/special kids of the idol world. Ughh. I have no hopes for this single.

I think the best song she's written for idols this year is most definitely still going to be The Nanbatatin, who's album is actually a pretty decent listen.

I mean, I don't wanna judge too early, but, sigh, I just know this is gonna be ass.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.12 at 06:19 PM.
Old 2014.03.13, 07:06 AM   #114
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

Seiko is definitely a Hello! Project wota

I've been checking out Up Up Girls as well, and honestly I could get into this group. The music isn't great but it's fun and catchy, and I like their underdog/indie-idols trying their best gimmick. Also the girls are cute, which helps.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.13, 01:26 PM   #115
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i dont care it if it was a idol song cover, SeikOmo made that song hers now, one of my favorite songs on the album
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.13, 05:02 PM   #116
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I am a recovering Hello! Project wota and I may be slipping back into it. And honestly it scares me.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.14, 07:26 AM   #117
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

What's so scary about liking music you used to like?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.14, 03:02 PM   #118
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

Soooo... According to Natalie, Seiko announced during her concert yesterday (3/14) that she will make her major debut with Avex.

idk how to feel about this yet, but I suspect some people here won't like this particular peice of news I'm not too worried. Partly because we still don't have any details, but also because I really don't think Seiko will compromise her music for anything. (And if it turns out badly, she can always return to her own label).

One good thing that (probably) will come out of this is more promotion for Seiko, and releases that are more widely and readily available!
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.14, 03:58 PM   #119
deadgrandma

Bet there will be AVEX albums alongside PINK records albums. Avex has plenty of subgroups too... I doubt it's gonna sound like Ayumi

Would be cool to have Oomori TM albums and Oomori Idol esque albums...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.14 at 04:22 PM.
Old 2014.03.14, 04:53 PM   #120
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Avex releases are usually over-manufactured pop candy. But there are exceptions. For example, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra has been an Avex artist for quite awhile. I don't understand how or why that is. Anyway, my point is, Avex isn't all bad (just 99%).