Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.07.16, 07:54 AM   #781
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Without getting into this again, sure, her remarks were disappointing, but there is ample reason not to take what she said at 100% face value.
Old 2015.07.16, 02:31 PM   #782
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

what are we talking about?
Old 2015.07.16, 03:20 PM   #783
Vorpax

Vorpax is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
what are we talking about?

About an interview translated by harry4567 on Page 67.
Vorpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.16, 09:24 PM   #784
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

LEAVE RINGO ALOONNNNNNEEEE

...and by that, I mean take her at face value or not. I don't think it helps anybody to put expectations on what she should or shouldn't say next. I don't think she owes me anything, personally - she created brilliant albums, I bought them, I enjoyed them. My transaction with her ended when I clicked the BUY button on Yesasia/CDJapan, and I'd rather know what she herself feels about her work than her feign pride in something she's not proud of. I think her being honest is more respectful to her fans, even if it comes at a cost.

Then again, she may just be trolling. I'm interested in what she has to say, but I'm not vested in it. If there's two things I've learned about her over the many years I've been a fan, it's that:

A.) She's unpredictable,

and

B.) She can troll the hell out of an interview.
Old 2015.07.16, 09:27 PM   #785
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oh man I haven't used YesAsia for so long, does their shipping speed still suck balls?

Troll or no, she's still Shiina Ringobot™ now.

Remember the Konya Wa Kasaragi video? That wasn't makeup. Kodama actually loaded the gun. He now makes all her music. It's the only logical explanation.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.16 at 09:30 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.17, 04:08 AM   #786
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Oh man I haven't used YesAsia for so long, does their shipping speed still suck balls?
Yes.

I thought the single was okay. I probably won't ever listen to it again but that goes for pretty much everything she's done since the Kuriyama joint on Reimports.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.17, 06:08 AM   #787
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post

Troll or no, she's still Shiina Ringobot™ now.
Kind of difficult to make that claim as none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes. Shiina is quite a private person.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.17, 06:25 AM   #788
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Kind of difficult to think you took that seriously
Old 2015.07.17, 07:12 PM   #789
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Vorpax View Post
i just read that interview now, damn I'm always late Even if it was discussed already I would like to share my thoughts:

Well, I love her solo albums (even the recent ones Sunny, re:import and Ukina) and still have regards for her, but sorry, that was plain disrespectful to fans. I hate the way she disses on her older self because it's like she is dissing on the best albums of her career. The same albums that made most of us fans. What's wrong with wanting to make a song the best it can be?
Here's a similar example. The bands aren't the same, but the feeling from the band members is. The singer of the band AFI, Davey Havok, often looks down on their past work and feels embarrassed about it. They've been asked in interviews why they play certain songs that they don't even want to play anymore and they say it's because it's what the fans want.

People complain that "How can he look down on their past albums like that?! Those albums changed my life, etc." Well, it's much different being in the band vs. being a fan. The band member has moved on from that time in their life. An album is like an instance in that bands life. The feelings, the moods, etc. Shiina obviously is not the same person anymore. She might feel embarrassed by herself on those records. I think that's entirely fair. I might be embarrassed by songs I wrote when I was twenty vs. something I wrote when I become more mature as a song writer and person. *shrug* Something to consider. Then again she could be trolling hahaha.

@DG You hate on Ringo a lot sometimes. It's not unlikely you would be serious about it, even if it was in a joking manner.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.17, 07:14 PM   #790
deadgrandma

I understand what you're saying.

But you seriously think she finds those early albums LESS embarassing than her Coke tie in?