Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.04.10, 01:05 AM   #31
hypercarrots

hypercarrots pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
My fav movie of all time is Back to the Future.
me too
"my density has brought me to you"

Originally Posted by Fukurou View Post
Die hard : the ultimate actionner.
best line:
"we're gonna need some more FBI guys i guess"

one of my favorite movies is after life. i don't think many people know about it.

Last edited by hypercarrots : 2007.04.10 at 01:20 AM. Reason: people don't like double posts
Old 2007.04.12, 06:22 PM   #32
newyorkjihen

newyorkjihen pleased at least somebody

"In the Mood for Love" was excellent. I wasn't that fond of "2046", however. I see the Kurosawa fans so I have to shout out "Akira Kurosawa's Dreams". Of course there are the Lynch fans, and although not my favorite of his, "Eraserhead" is probably the most disturbing movie I have ever seen. The second most disturbing? Peter Jackson's "Meet the Feebles". For quirkiness I have to nominate "The Royal Tenenbaums". I don't know a lot of Japanese cinema (of course "Battle Royale") but one I saw was "Tampopo", with a pretty lame main story line but a side tangent worth mentioning: It had the most erotic sexual metaphor involving food I have ever seen, with two dancers, the man opens his mouth to drop the yolk of an egg into the womans mouth. Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" has been one of my all time favorites. For sci-fi it's probably "Blade Runner". "The Big Lebowski" was great. In the war category "Apocalypse Now" the horror... the horror... Absent from my list are any recent releases. It's tough to pick. In five years I'll tell you which ones I'm still interested in.
Old 2007.04.15, 11:22 AM   #33
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I see some of you have said you like Amelie, so I can't resist making you jealous by telling you I ate at the Amelie cafe in Paris a few weeks ago XD The cafe in Montmartre she works at in the movie where they filmed those scenes. It looked very different from the movie (you can tell they did some lighting tricks) but the food/drinks were amazingggggg.
Old 2007.04.15, 11:39 AM   #34
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
I see some of you have said you like Amelie, so I can't resist making you jealous by telling you I ate at the Amelie cafe in Paris a few weeks ago XD The cafe in Montmartre she works at in the movie where they filmed those scenes. It looked very different from the movie (you can tell they did some lighting tricks) but the food/drinks were amazingggggg.

°_________° My friends are already bugging me about this, because they made a one day trip to Paris in art class.

MyAnimelist
Old 2007.04.15, 01:39 PM   #35
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post

God I hated Amelie. :p
Old 2007.04.16, 07:01 PM   #36
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I like almost all the movies I see, so I haven't really compiled a list of my favorites yet. I do enjoy watching scary movies though, and I think the best I've seen are Yauoo Gaedan (Fox Stairs), Ju-on 2, and Identity (for a more suspenseful movie.) I've watched a lot of crappy scary movies, so if you guys have any good recommendations, I'd appreciate it!

Originally Posted by chickshow View Post
The Korean film "My Sassy Girl" is my favorite of all time. Funny, sad and romantic; makes me cry everytime damn it.

Hollywood is going to remake it and ruin it like they did "The Ring"
They're really going to remake it?? @_@
Old 2007.04.16, 07:52 PM   #37
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
I've watched a lot of crappy scary movies, so if you guys have any good recommendations, I'd appreciate it!
If you get the opportunity, watch Reincarnation. It's a J-Horror from the director of The Grudge and The Grudge 2 (and if you didn't like The Grudge - which is understandable - this is exponentially better). Just be warned that the pacing is archaically slow.
Old 2007.04.16, 08:14 PM   #38
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ohh, that sounds like a must-watch especially since it has Oguri Shun!! Thanks!!

I thought the Grudges were scary. It seemed just like Asian horror movies, just with American actors.
Old 2007.04.16, 08:47 PM   #39
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I really can't choose a favorite movie since I am not much of a movie goer, but I do love Howl's Moving Castle. Hayao magic!
Old 2007.04.18, 09:04 AM   #40
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
I thought the Grudges were scary. It seemed just like Asian horror movies, just with American actors.
Actually, I thought the first one was pretty scary as well (but I haven't seen the second). I just said that disliking them was understandable because most people seemed to think that The Grudge was only so-so (at least, from my experience).