Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.04.04, 06:18 PM   #141
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

YesAsia must be located within the twilight zone, because I got my copy of KSK from them years ago, and it was second-press.

Maybe they have this hoard of CDs of mixed pressings, and since they make no distinction about pressings, they just grab a random copy off of the warehouse shelf when you place your order, and that's what you receive.
Old 2008.04.04, 06:49 PM   #142
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
they just grab a random copy off of the warehouse shelf when you place your order, and that's what you receive.
I think this, too. The first time I ordered it (around when it first came out), I got a second-press copy. I gave it to my girlfriend Saori to listen to on the plane ride back to Japan for the summer. ANYWAY, I ordered it a second time because she gave the first copy to her little cousin who was really getting into Ringo at the time, and, lo and behold...

chicka chicka yeah let's get crunk and show these bitches how we roll

...FIRST-PRESS! And I haven't opened it since.
Old 2008.04.05, 12:22 AM   #143
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

The message inside the sticker is something from Ringo like, "How do you like me using a sticker as an extra good? Cool, huh??" or something. It was actually one of the first things I ever posted to Ringo Jihen XDD I asked my friend to translate... hahah. It's not super important so go ahead and use the sticker for whatever you want~
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.05, 06:27 AM   #144
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
In other related news, I just listened to the album this morning, on the living room. With the power of the speakers and the feeling of "I bought this", the thing sounds even better than before.
Nooooooow... I guess my next purchase will be MM, because I love that cover, even if it's not my favourite album. Just need to find some place that still has it...
It's not just the feeling of buying it, though that's always great too. Lossless compression has something interesting to say about this album. Lossless doesn't have a fixed size - the bitrate goes up or down at different moments of the song, based on the amount of detail to preserve, just like variable bitrate MP3s, only it's a lot bigger - as big as it would have to be (or as 'small' as it can get) without discarding any of the details.

I just ripped a Mozart album the other day - some of it piano solos, some of it symphonies, etc., and WavPack scrunched that from the raw 1411kbps that all CDs have, to an average of around 500kbps. On the other hand, WavPack couldn't squeeze KSK below an average of 969kbps. This reflects the level of sonic complexity in the music, and MP3 can only try to do that justice at 320kbps. Listening to lossless is the same as listening directly to the CD - an algorithm didn't decide which details of the music were more or less audible, and then throw the less audible details away. The people who barely understand that MP3 "throws detail away" at all, assume that it is only discarding the subsonic or supersonic frequences that humans can't hear. Not entirely true. Even on the frequencies you can audibly pinpoint, MP3 and other 'lossy' formats rob the music of a certain amount of texture, as if a curtain has been added between you and the performance.
[/audiophile]

As for buying Muzai Moratorium, all the threads in this board have links to vendors who ship internationally, and not just the ones who have Affiliate programs. So all the work of tracking down retailers, has already been done for you.
Old 2008.04.05, 10:29 PM   #145
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
The message inside the sticker is something from Ringo like, "How do you like me using a sticker as an extra good? Cool, huh??" or something. It was actually one of the first things I ever posted to Ringo Jihen XDD I asked my friend to translate... hahah. It's not super important so go ahead and use the sticker for whatever you want~
I don't know what I was saying because all of that information is in like the second post of this thread, including a scan of the sticker's message. gahhh so go read that
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.05, 10:54 PM   #146
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

@Glathannus

I just recently found out about lossless audio formats. I am kinda sorry that it took me so long. J-pop suki taught me, I was uploading a tsushimamire torrent, and I did some wikipedia'in, and I learned a lot. Anyways, I just got back from japan. I went on searches for used cds. I was lucky enough to score some cheap ringo cds. I wish I had more money, I only got ss and ksk. But the cases are friggin awsome. But pretty soon I will be ripping some flacs from my cds I just bought. But I have no idea what press I have, its used, it does not matter.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.28, 06:23 PM   #147
monad

monad is an asset to this community

Okonomi de:

So in the beginning, you've got this repeating harpsichord vamp providing almost all of the rhythmic pulse, while the drums mostly dance around here and yonder. Then, chorus by chorus, the drums progressively start filling the same space as the harpichord, not only rhythmically, but sonically as well, till it's hard to tell where one instrument ends and the other begins. And by the end the drums have almost completely taken over what the harpsichord was doing at the beginning, and the harpsichord is pushed down to the bottom of the mix where there's now three different keyboard instruments all playing together.

That's one cool arrangement.
monad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.27, 09:44 AM   #148
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

So, uh, is the reissue remastered? I don't think I've seen the answer anywhere yet.
Old 2008.07.27, 09:45 AM   #149
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

from what i seen it's just a re-release nothing changed at all ?
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.27, 09:46 AM   #150
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

It still has the copy-protection too? : \