Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.03.21, 12:37 AM   #71
old.boy

old.boy pleased at least somebody

You know what I think? My kind of favorite TJ/SR era was RIGHT before Tokyo Jihen was formed (maybe this might be in my head). I'm talking the Electric Mole DVD's band.

HZM, Hirama, Kameda--playing her older songs were really good. If I could have some sort of rock (Education) style album playing with the way she wrote her older music--that would be perfect, to me. x]

I can only imagine...

Personally, I'm kind of sick of all the upscale-cleanliness she's been doing lately. Enough of re-doing old songs with full orchestras or jazz bands--bring the goddamn rock back >;o
Old 2008.03.21, 05:19 AM   #72
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by old.boy View Post
Personally, I'm kind of sick of all the upscale-cleanliness she's been doing lately. Enough of re-doing old songs with full orchestras or jazz bands--bring the goddamn rock back >;o
Horns up, muthafuckaz \m/ =p
Old 2008.03.21, 05:35 AM   #73
old.boy

old.boy pleased at least somebody

LOL. At first I thought all the quotes were for me about to be getting yelled at. *exhale*
Old 2008.03.21, 08:22 AM   #74
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

*exhale*
SAAAAAFE!!!!

And I would love Shiina if she'd listen to you.
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.21, 08:34 PM   #75
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

U.S./ World Tour!!!!!
C'mon Shiina...it wouldn't kill you .....I'd go even if all you sang was Variety...(that said I still wouldn't enjoy it...:-\)
Old 2008.03.21, 08:40 PM   #76
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm the biggest Tokyo Jihen Phase 0 fan. That post KZK/pre-Kyouiku period was... legendary.
Like I said old.boy, you are my soulmate.
(but Maou is still my #1).

Because JR never gets what she wants from TJ anyway,
... I'm gonna suggest Uki-style twangy country music for the next album. And Ukigumo writes ALL the songs a la Mirrorball, and everything to be synthesised and performed by mannequins.

Yes.
Old 2008.03.21, 08:45 PM   #77
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

If Shiina did a US tour now it would definitely be 2 years too late, for me. I mighta gone, even for an Adult-era show (providing I hadn't yet seen JCHI) but now would be totally bum.

I dont think she has it in her. Those Kabuki-songs or not. Shes not up to being a real "performer" anymore.

Prove me wrong, Shiina. I dare you.
Old 2008.03.21, 10:20 PM   #78
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I think she should record the sonic recreation of the end of the world via post-punk acid jazz recreated using only a synthesiser and spoons.

If that fails, Jihen < 2 will do. But there's only so many times we can ask for that. Maybe if we all think it at the same time, it'll happen. It worked on Doctor Who

Bed time methinks.
Old 2008.03.21, 10:24 PM   #79
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Picture it. Red curtains, the kind you imagine would be used in an opera house. The delicate tickling of a grand piano in the air. Big fancy chandeliers. Or maybe scented candles. The scent? Cinnamon, of course. Or maybe autumn spice. Whatever. An orchestra pit, stuffed to the gills with brass (not the fun kind!), strings (not the fun kind!) and triangles (not the...oh yeah). The place has the feeling of stuffiness and uptightedness and pretentiousness. The curtains are drawn open, the orchestra starts up, climbing slowly and dramatically to a swell, and Our Favorite Japanese Rockstar-Turned-Soccer Mom Who Enjoys Her Daily Grande Triple Espresso Frappuccino White Chocolate Mocha, Easy on the Whipped Cream, Heavy on the Sweet 'n' Low Because I'll Need the Energy to Fold All of That Laundry takes the stage. She opens with Papaya Mango.

Routine performance: boringly true to the original, restrained and uninspired. Suddenly...oh deary me! THE GUITARS - FIVE OF THEM! - RIP THE SONG TO SHREDS! RINGO RIPS OFF THE CREAM-COLORED, FLOOR-LENGTH NECK-TO-ANKLE GOWN, REVEALING A LEATHER MINI-SKIRT AND LEOPARD-PRINT BRA! SHE GROWLS, SHE HOWLS, SHE SNARLS, SHE SHRIEKS! WHO LET THE BANSHEE LOOSE!? WHO DID IT!? IS CARL TO BLAME AGAIN!?

The answer: Nobody let the banshee loose. Shiina Ringo, as we knew and loved her before the papayas and mangoes and Ukis, has been reborn.

I can only hope.
Old 2008.03.21, 10:29 PM   #80
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I'z gonna have good dreams tonight. Thank you Cosmo. Thank you.