Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.08.16, 07:00 AM   #961
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Utada-Beautiful World (theme to Rebuild of Evangelion)

single not out for two weeks but its getting radio airplay already.

Utada-Beautiful World
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.16, 04:36 PM   #962
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Interpol-Obstacle 1

mmm...monotone singing...*dreamy eyes*

Last edited by RollOverHobo : 2007.08.16 at 04:38 PM. Reason: accidental poo-up
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.16, 04:43 PM   #963
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
When you click on the YouTube button, you type the title of the video into the pop-up box, not the embed code.

Then you put the code from the URL after '=' in between the two square brackets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBAUqp6NKg)

It should look like this, but I've changed the square brackets '[' to regular brackets '(' to prevent the code from working:

(YT="Interpol _Obstacle")jkBAUqp6NKg(/YT)
Nice choice by the way, RollOverHobo
Old 2007.08.16, 11:01 PM   #964
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.17, 03:23 AM   #965
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

John Lennon & The Dirty Mac (Lennon, Clapton, Richards, Mitchell, Jagger) - Yer Blues

Best. Super group. Ever. Awesome!
Old 2007.08.17, 12:10 PM   #966
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Oasis - Within you, Without You

Now as a devout Beatles guy, I could never say anyone but The Beatles could outdo The Beatles. Howevva, if someone could, it would no doubt be Oasis. Considering Within You is a song I skip 90% of the time on Sgt. Pepper's anyway, I would never be more inclined to say Oasis did an equally as good a job at least. ...Even if at the same time ripping off the "Love" remix of the song with Tomorrow Never Knows, but that's just how Oasis rolls, isn't it? It's also kinda bizarre to think that Ringo's son, Zack is likely playing drums on this track when Ringo himself didn't 40 years ago originally.

Anyway, I'm gonna take the time to comment of the rest of the Sgt. Pepper's 40th anniversary songs. Apart from Travis' "Lovely Rita" and The Zuton's "Good Morning, Good Morning" I was a bit underwhelmed. Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fray are all bands I know I should know, but for my reasons never got around to listening to. Stereophonics came really, really close in their cover of the Reprise, but I dunno, they sound way too restrained in the finale. I dunno, maybe it's just cuz I know Oasis and Travis (and am a tad familiar with The Zutons) and I certainly am familiar with the songs that everyone else sounds really "off and weird." A Day in the Life is pretty good...Sgt. Pepper's is ok (Bryan Adams...really?) Who the eff are The Magic Numbers??
Old 2007.08.17, 12:51 PM   #967
Appeltje

Appeltje pleased at least somebody

Manu Chao - Radio Bemba sound system

Manu CHao - Blood and Fire
Appeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.17, 03:28 PM   #968
Inaudible-Whisper

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Oasis - Within you, Without You

Now as a devout Beatles guy, I could never say anyone but The Beatles could outdo The Beatles. Howevva, if someone could, it would no doubt be Oasis. Considering Within You is a song I skip 90% of the time on Sgt. Pepper's anyway, I would never be more inclined to say Oasis did an equally as good a job at least. ...Even if at the same time ripping off the "Love" remix of the song with Tomorrow Never Knows, but that's just how Oasis rolls, isn't it? It's also kinda bizarre to think that Ringo's son, Zack is likely playing drums on this track when Ringo himself didn't 40 years ago originally.

Anyway, I'm gonna take the time to comment of the rest of the Sgt. Pepper's 40th anniversary songs. Apart from Travis' "Lovely Rita" and The Zuton's "Good Morning, Good Morning" I was a bit underwhelmed. Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fray are all bands I know I should know, but for my reasons never got around to listening to. Stereophonics came really, really close in their cover of the Reprise, but I dunno, they sound way too restrained in the finale. I dunno, maybe it's just cuz I know Oasis and Travis (and am a tad familiar with The Zutons) and I certainly am familiar with the songs that everyone else sounds really "off and weird." A Day in the Life is pretty good...Sgt. Pepper's is ok (Bryan Adams...really?) Who the eff are The Magic Numbers??
I'm sure I mentioned this a month or two ago when it was played live on Radio One. I think I put a link to the replay of the show to be streamed on the site.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with you. Travis' Lovely Rita is the best for me too. It actually got me to play the song via selection, rather than just when listening through the album.

Funny that you should mention that the Oasis cover sounded a bit like the Love remix, as the Gallagher's said they thought the Love album was pointless and turned it off half-way through.

The majority of the bands are fairly mainstream and well known in the UK, such as the Magic Numbers. It was a BBC documentary so it's not surprising that there may be an artist or two that aren't known over the pond. I don't know if you just listened to the songs via download, but you can watch the documentary that was created following the recording procedure with 7 of the bands here.
Old 2007.08.17, 03:41 PM   #969
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yeah I remember you posting the 'tube of Lovely Rita, but I didn't know there was a whole "tribute album" (of sorts.) Course, that just mighta been my painstaking attention paid in what I read sometimes that I missed there was more =P

And yeah. "Talking bullshit" is also how Oasis rolls too. Back in the day Noel said if he got so old that he was writing songs about standing in line to buy milk that he'd want someone to kill him (or stop making music, i forget.) -- Flash forward 10 years, and he's writing a song about the exact thing. Then of course he buzzes off someone that called him on his earlier quote =P
Old 2007.08.17, 06:39 PM   #970
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

"Lonely Lonely" - Feist

She has the coolest music videos . . .
bromithia is offline   Reply With Quote