Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.11.22, 01:01 AM   #111
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Tamasaburo "Sagi Musume"
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.31, 07:46 AM   #112
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I found a bar the other week around the area I live at since December.
So I went there yesterday evening. Small and cosy and no one there but the master. Uh... so I had to explain the same stuff as always what I'm doing here and so on (god damn I hate that). And so he asked about my music tastes and oh there we go he put this DVD on. Was really nice to see it after all these years. Which I could take part of this live show...
Anyway, just a month until the next one.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.16, 10:29 AM   #113
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Today I had the displeasure of watching the Yukiguni performance from this DVD. The live just compounds the problem I have with the track: awesome first half, terrible second half when the band comes in. It's bliss when it's just Ringo and Izawa, but then the rest of the band comes in and changes the pace of the song.

I actually felt bad for Ukigumo. He sounds so terrible here. No drive or feeling at all. At least the sustains were phrased well in the studio. Live it's just a clean delay played with no impact. He plays the same way in Atarashii Bunmei Kaika during the discovery tour. : /
Old 2012.03.17, 03:38 PM   #114
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

So, folks.

What do Ringo and Hata say during Kenka Joutou? I think they're speaking in some non-Tokyo dialect, because I have freaking clue, I don't even recognize a single word.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.18, 01:52 AM   #115
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
So, folks.

What do Ringo and Hata say during Kenka Joutou? I think they're speaking in some non-Tokyo dialect, because I have freaking clue, I don't even recognize a single word.
they're trying to sound like Kabuki actors, though I don't have a clue what they're saying either
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.01, 08:46 AM   #116
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

a (quite silly) question that always bothered me: why did they (I'm almost sure it was SR idea though) chose that title for the DVD? it just seems so random to me
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.01, 12:02 PM   #117
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

To me it's not random. The tour supported Adult, an album that catches Ringo transforming from hard-rocking punk grrl to sexy upbeat jazzy girl, an album that offers an overwhelmingly sensual experience. The DVD title Just Can't Help It corresponds to the album title, making reference to people's primal urges.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.01, 03:00 PM   #118
TurtleFu

But, man, how can you possibly know? I mean, unless Ringo said it herself, then you are 100% wrong.
I mean, you can't think critically or use logic or critical analysis! You are wrong because Ringo has not shown up on the internet to tell you explicitly that you are right!
Old 2012.11.01, 04:25 PM   #119
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

There’s no right or wrong in the matter. Even if Ringo looks in my eyes and tells me something, would I believe her? Don’t her feelings and ideas change over time? I’m the reader-response kind of guy, and prefer my own interpretation.

All her DVDs are orgasm this, climax that, sexual healing 1,2,3,4, she is the type of girl who would use the word “semen” as part of album title. Sex is just a common theme in her music.

“Just Can’t Help It”, with half naked models on the DVD cover, bunch of panties and shorts at the back, you’d think Ringo was trying to make a statement about the inevitability of global warming?
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.11.01, 05:12 PM   #120
TurtleFu

How can you be sure that "sex is just a common theme is her music"? Maybe she just came up with the titles smoothly while recording in the studio without deep philosophical thought. Who knows?

See what I did there?