Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.07.29, 08:49 AM   #1
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal
Default NIMH Rats coming to a theatre near you (again)

'NIMH' adaptation in works

Paramount developing new feature based on the novel

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...cce7f17982cc1f

Naturally, this caught my interest, but may also interest some of you. Ever seen "The Secret of NIMH"? Pretty awesome frickin flick, yes? (And if you don't think so, die, reincarnate, and die again.)

Looks like Hollywood is taking another crack at it. No doubt they will crank up the dialogue and hire Randy "Blandy" Newman to do the score (as if anyone could top Jerry Goldsmith and Paul Williams' work on the 1982 flick). But if it gets even one NIMH virgin to watch the original, it gets my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNfsLwQBhM
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 11:04 AM   #2
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I watched Nimh a lot when I was little, but I barely remember the storyline now. However I really really want to watch it again, because I learned that Derek Jacobi is one of the voices, and he's one of my favorite people ever. We do own the DVD though, so I should pop that in sometime...

But I wonder how they'll work with the new film. I don't see how it'll work without animation, but I'm always weary about computer animation when it's not done by Pixar, because they seem to be the only ones who know how to consistently have quality animation and a great story line at the same time. And drawn animation is a dead art form now.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.29, 01:16 PM   #3
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

This was my introduction to Derek Jacobi. He plays a wise old rat, using that silky voice of his to tell the entire story of how the NIMH rats became superintelligent. The voice acting in the film is stupendous, across the board. You even get to hear a young Shannon Dougherty and Will Wheaton.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.30, 02:24 PM   #4
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Secret of NIMH is one of my all time favorite movies, let alone animated ones. Definitely Don Bluth's greatest film. I have very fond memories of watching it and I'm pretty excited to hear about this! Never read the book but I've been meaning to for the longest time. I'm curious about how this new movie is going to be.

What I do know is that the new NIMH film is going to be better than the completely and utterly horrible abomination that is The Secret of NIMH 2. That's so terrible that it's used as a torture device in some countries.