Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2010.10.07, 08:26 AM   #111
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

^ Well the DVD is pretty much the best they have released so far, so definitely worth getting, I'd say.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.09, 05:23 PM   #112
Superficial Fan

Superficial Fan raises the standards of what a community can offer

I've been not paying enough attention to Tokyo Jihen at my own loss, I now see, based on some recent clips (and some not even that recent) turning up on youtube, especially the "Kimaru" from "Ultra C" (at least I think that's what this is). I have to say, I am skeptical of the possibility of improving on the Dynamite Out! version of "Sounan," one of my favorite Tokyo Jihen (or Shiina Ringo, for that matter) performances ever. I'm not sure I can even listen to a Phase II version with open ears. (Edit: yes, it looks like I have not been keeping up as much as I should. I like this version so far, but I think it's an exceptionally solid song to begin with. Still, I think Dynamite Out! contains some of SR's best live vocals.)

I guess I need to wade through this thread, especially the comments about most of TJ's videos being region free, because the prospect of having to buy an extra DVD player has been one of the things that has made me hold on off buying some of this material. Well, in the past anyway, when my financial situation was (or felt) more secure. Right now I'm not sure I can allow myself to buy DVDs when the need to save is so pressing.

Last edited by Superficial Fan : 2010.10.09 at 05:33 PM.
Superficial Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.15, 04:29 AM   #113
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
^ Well the DVD is pretty much the best they have released so far, so definitely worth getting, I'd say.
that was well said

Originally Posted by vielleicht View Post
Might sound sorta some blasphemy here, but I have this question for you who has actually been at the gig:

Was the performance of «Karisome Otome» really that perfect during the live show, or was the audio on the DVD somewhat fixed and burnished for sales? Ringo-san was doing all the crazy, beautiful dances and kicks singing the refrains, and her voice (especially her breath), so great as it can be, was almost surreally unaffected - it's just a bit too good to be true...
Originally Posted by Entry№1 View Post
A lot of people don't believe Karisome Otome was that great of a performance. But I think a similar problem arises with Kimaru on Ultra C - the amount of time she's moving/bending over with a mysterious lack of effect on her voice... Although she does seem a little winded at the end of Karisome Otome.
I like to believe it's not been re-recorded, but I might be naive.
from other thread, I wonder if they had to mute the sound when she threw her mic away on Kimaru

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.16, 03:17 AM   #114
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm almost entirely sure it was filmed lived, however, they might have recorded audio from all 3 shows and paired the best vocal with the best visual, so it might not be an exact video/audio pair.

the performance of karisome otome isn't very good IMO. if you can find her doing it with Soil and Pimp at SOTC Version 2, that is much much much better IMO.

Also, it isn't that hard to turn mics on and off, I'm sure the show was rehearsed and the guy on the sound board had a cue at which to turn her mic off.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.18, 03:13 AM   #115
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
Yes. It's one of the extra performances included in the DVD; there is one of them for each member.
It's worth saying that Shiina Ringo's special encore was Tasogare Naki, likely and paradoxically one of the best performances from Ultra C, in my opinion.

huh? really?
Where are they hidden, then?
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.18, 04:03 AM   #116
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Put the disc in a PC and use DVD Decrypter, they wont be hidden for long.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.18, 06:16 AM   #117
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You don't need DVD Decrypter or any special software to access the bonus material on the Ultra C DVD. I can't even read Kanji, and I was able to get to the bonus reel from the DVD menu (something anyone could do from a DVD player if they wanted). You just have to look over the whole menu.
Old 2010.10.18, 08:17 AM   #118
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Even if you are still unable to access the bonus section from the DVD menu, you can just go straight to Title 2, the performances are divided as Chapters.

Going ahead with the bonuses subject:
Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Izawa's song is Appa's Haha no Hikari: http://appa.web.infoseek.co.jp/Oto/GIGS/Hahanohikari.mp3
If you go straight to the end of this file, there is a hidden song I would like to know the name of. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Last edited by Carlx : 2010.10.18 at 09:29 AM.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.21, 08:38 AM   #119
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

v

Ukigumo takes 'FOUL' to new lengths
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.21, 12:45 PM   #120
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh, Ringo without a wig! I love her again *_*.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote