Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2007.08.06, 08:18 AM   #1
milk

milk pleased at least somebody
Default Song identification

Hi all,

I just discovered this great software that you can use to help with identifying that piece of music or song that you love so much but just have no idea who the artist or what the title is.

The software is called Tunatic and is available at http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic

It has a pretty good hit rate for english songs but might work with some Asian artists/songs. So try it!!

Also, the site has a program called Tunalyzer which is used for updating their database. Apparently, some people have already updated it with KSK (the only SR album I tried) and even Jay Chou's 安静.
Hope this information helps somebody out...
milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 08:36 AM   #2
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Could be helpful, thanks. I have a similar program on my phone. If I'm in a club, or a music store, I can record whatevers playing onto my phone and it tries to find the artist and song name from an online database.
Old 2007.08.06, 10:25 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

this is so useful O.O

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.06, 01:55 PM   #4
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

This means I'll have to counter-cheat if and when I'm pitching a track in the song-guessing game.
(something I've already thought of doing because of similar software - it's just no specific software was ever advertised in this community - meaning less people were likely to utilize it)

I'll cut larger songs down into samples.