Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Get Lucky vs 3min
Get Lucky 3 23.08%
3min 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013.07.18, 01:55 PM   #21
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Hahah, I remember you said something like "Shiina owned it/made it her own." Which is more praise than at least I have ever associated with =p
Okay, that sounds vaguely familiar. But usually when people acknowledge my commentary without actually quoting or paraphrasing me, it's assumed that I must have said a lot more than a sentence of two. Since I couldn't imagine myself coming up with a Usual Glath Length defense of OSCA, I had to question whether or not I had even participated at all. I stand corrected.

(I took me five tries to post this too, what the heck)
If you tried Quick Reply (which doesn't reload the entire page), it may have appeared as though your replies weren't getting through, when in fact, they were actually appearing before my existing post(s).

It turns out my posts are often recorded as a minute or two in the future, so if you reply to them fast enough (before the future moment when my posts supposedly came through), your 'reply' appears before my post instead of after. I had to go into the database just now, and swap our latest recorded times in this topic, so that our posts here would appear in the correct order.

It's not exactly a vBulletin bug, but rather it's a side effect of me using an extra server when I submit my posts. This extra server doesn't have its time completely synchronized with the main server, and the time is logged according to which server the posts came through.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Old 2013.07.18, 05:20 PM   #22
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

A lot of these soul-inspired tracks are really derivative. It's hard to make a soul song that doesn't make someone go immediately "Marvin Gaye?"

Noudouteki Sanpunkan has enough soul and funk influences to get that question started, but then the chorus kicks in and it is pure Shiina.

Get Lucky is catchy as hell because Pharrell is a glorified jingle writer. But otherwise it is an extremely simple, inane, and repetitive song.

I can be more articulate but it is late and I'm going on a road trip tomorrow.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.07.18, 09:18 PM   #23
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Tsumiki Asobi, though, is a great song.

Osiris, if you took the time to write all that in response to all of what I wrote, and given that I usually agree with you I must be wrong. There are some songs that everyone here loves that I get a negative amount of joy from. Glathannus once defended and stipulated the merits of "Osca" to me, but no matter what I just don't get/like that song. Same with Sanpukan. When I listen to it, what I hear are all the things I wrote about earlier, and my opinion has not changed. Everyone here seems to really like it, and that's great. Just not me.

A song can be catchy, and bright, and fun, and not be fluff. A songwriter like Billy Joel can use pop music as a medium to convey a point beyond the catchiness and radio friendliness. Tokyo Jihen is able, but Sanpukan is not a good example.
Well, we'll just agree to disagree. I know you praise Honto no Tokoro a lot and I just don't get that one at all. I feel exactly the same way about that the way you do about Sanpunkan. Sanpunkan is my favorite Jihen song, Phase 1 or 2, so I'm definitely going to rise to the occasion to defend it.

Glad we can be civil about this though. You still get mad respect points from me for speaking your mind even when other people aren't going to like it. I often think of Maou as the hands of EMF (being the guitarist and whatnot), Glath as the ears of EMF, and you as the voice of EMF.