Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.11.12, 08:47 PM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default love for monobright

does anyone on this board love monobright as much as I do? The leader singer is just so energetic and the entire band is so tight, their sound and image is really refreshing. I don't know how to describe them, although I suppose a slight comparison could be drawn between them and weezer, although the music isn't the same at all, more like a similar spirit or presence? anyways, their new single, Namidairo no Frustration, is pretty cool, not as hard as their earlier work, but the video is pretty interesting.

monobright-namidairo frustration
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.02, 04:03 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default monobright

surprised there is no monobright thread here. any fans?

it took me a while to warm up to them, caught WARP on MTV in my dorm one time and the overall craziness of the PV coupled with Momoya's crazy earthworm dancing made me interested despite the overall image/sound. I don't usually go for male vocalists but there is this odd quality about the band I came to really love. sometimes their music sounds a little too typical japanese male rock, but its a lot of fun and very easy to dance and rock out to. kind of retro. production and instrumentation can be very similar to jihen sometimes. any other fans?

they are dropping their second album and their image on april 15th. up until now they have all dressed in white polos with black jeans/black glasses/black hair, it was this whole huge thing. but now for the new album they are going colorful and have evolved, haha.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.29, 11:52 AM   #3
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Look what I found
I'm only posting this because I did a search on Monobright (topic titles only) and the only threads that come up are yours lol. Just thought it was funny.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote