Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.12.06, 09:53 PM   #1
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Default Suppose you lose your Ringo collection...

...what merchandise would you be willing to buy back?

I would probably only buy the first three Tokyo Jihen albums again as they remind me of my first year college when I played them over and over.

Sometimes i look at my 40 Ringo CDs and DVDs, and I feel that one of these days I will pack my bag with only some clothes and move to a far away place, and I will leave my entire music collection forever, and I am mentally prepared for that day. I have always been very fickle in my interests. For my favourite songs, I listen to them until I get sick of it, like sucking marrow out of a bone and throw it away. The Ringo albums I have played to death in the car, and they are etched in my head. I don't mind having only digital music I got from JPS and not own the physical copy.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.06, 10:40 PM   #2
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

If I lost all my Ringo collection hmmm....

The CDs I probably wouldn't buy again, it's easy enough to get it all in lossless quality. Maybe just buy MoRA and the vinyl. But then again, the vinyl would be more than a bitch to replace.

DVDs, buy the Ringo blu ray set again and probably Dynamite Out/Ultra C by Jihen.

Would probably not buy the books again, not saying they're not worth having but it's not something I can live without.

Though, I really don't want to think about losing my Ringo collection :-/
Old 2014.12.07, 06:20 PM   #3
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

A lot of things I couldn't replace even if funds were unlimited, so it's not just a question of what would I replace, but what can I replace.

As far as recordings go, deadgrandma is correct about how you can download pretty much any the CDs in lossless, but I'd still buy at least a couple.

=============================================

The ZCS CD box, at least for the original version of Gamble. I don't care if there's lossless rips of it on the torrent sites like the rest of Shiina Ringo's discography. It's out-of-print and there's no other Shiina Ringo release like it.

The concert DVDs with exclusive content: Baishou Ecstasy, Electric Mole limited edition, Adult Pour Homme bonus DVD

Any of the blu-rays, because that's too much data to download and store on HDD.

The Jihen concert DVDs from before the blu-rays, of course. Except maybe Spa & Treatment. Oh, and Dynamite In.

MoRA DVD box, but not also the HF DVD.

The LPs of course. If I could only repurchase a few, I'd go with KSK, Gunjou Biyori / Sounan, and maybe SS (though it's outrageously expensive right now). I would replace Sweets for my SPITZ if I could get it for the same price as before, but not for the prices I've seen more recently.

Posters (full-size): Mayonaka wa Junketsu, KSK, Ringo no Uta (probably a painfully expensive one to replace these days)

Posters (cardboard minis): Shuraba

Photobooks: Just Can't Help It

Magazines: All the Gb, SWITCH from April 2004, and I would just settle for the 2007- ROJ and 2007+ SWITCH compilations (even though there's good photoshoots from other publications).

=============================================

As for the rest of the non-recordings I already own, I could probably live without them.

Without the LPs, I figure I could get all of what I just mentioned here, for roughly 100000yen, depending upon how patient I am about waiting for better deals than the first ones I see. That's bare minimum to keep me satisfied as a collector.
Old 2014.12.13, 02:54 PM   #4
anonlurker

Only things I need are MoRA DVD's, Mayonaka CD, solo Blu-ray box, Dynamite Out, first 3 LP's, Adult and ZCS box. I can live without the rest.

I should go back to 2004 and tell myself this info, I'll have saved thousands.