Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.12.30, 04:59 AM   #21
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

This thread...

Well, I'm certainly in the camp of people that evokes emotional response from music. Plenty of albums have helped me during difficult moments, either giving me energy, or helping me feel better during hard times. On the flip side, there's plenty of music I listen to just because. Not every moment I listen to Shiina (Or any music for that matter) is an emotional time - sometimes it's just there in the background to enjoy. In any case, no matter when, or why I'm listening to it I'm usually at least feeling something. Music can affect mood and emotion whether you like it or not.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.31, 02:08 AM   #22
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Seriously, what did I say? He's less of a person with opinions and more just someone who says things to get a rise out of people. What do we call that...?

Obviously I'm not saying every time you listen to music it has to be as big emotional moment. It's more which songs you associate with certain emotions and which songs draw out which emotions.

HF I'm general for me has a lot of strong emotions, I think because it is very cinematic being a soundtrack and all. I particularly like how Kono Yo no Kagiri wraps everything up.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.31, 02:32 AM   #23
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I think Inseu has a lot of legitimate opinions, but the way he says them (as well as the genre of his opinions) doesn't sit very well with some (many?) people here. I don't think it's productive either to just be reductive about the things he says and dismiss them as just things said to get a rise.

I guess I just don't see anything THAT inherently objectionable about being vocal about male-heterosexual interest in women, pop music, and anti-hipsterism.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.31, 04:23 AM   #24
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Please. Some of his posts here and elsewhere are not only objectionable but truly reprehensible. A less tolerant community would have expunged him months ago.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.12.31, 06:12 AM   #25
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Seriously, what did I say? He's less of a person with opinions and more just someone who says things to get a rise out of people. What do we call that...?
We call that opinions you don't agree with. I am merely the guy presenting a different perspective. It's your own bigotry that getting the rise out of you.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote