Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2010.01.14, 11:34 PM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Amano Tsuki

soooo I looked for about 7 pages for the Amano Tsukiko thread annnnnnnndddd there isn't one, not that I can see. I know there are at least 5 EMFers who like her music, so I thought I should just start a new thread for her since she has announced on her English blog, Japanese blog, and myspace, that she is resuming her career in music under the name "Amano Tsuki."

Amano Tsukiko retired her solo career in music back in Fall 2008 with her final album ZERO and last live concert, Return to Zero. Since her departure, she and Otokura have steadily been releasing previously unreleased concert footage on DVD and previous tour goods on the store shop. She also has written music for several other artists during her solo career, but more recently, she contributed several tracks to another Otokura label debut, Mai. She supposedly left to focus on her career as a designer and artist, as she also paints, draws, and designs various things. Most notably, after her departure from music she opened a Myspace store and actually was approached with Myspace and partnered with them to create official goods as well as her own label, Marchen Rock.

anyways, so it comes as no surprise that she has announced her return to the music industry as "Amano Tsuki." This might seem like an odd name change, considering she was "Amano Tsukiko" before, but before she drew the curtain closed on Amano Tsukiko she announced the moniker was a fake stage name and a project she created. I think in the end she grew tired of creating music that she thought would fit Amano Tsukiko, and since, having written a lot of experimental pop and other genres for newer artists, she feels comfortable to release new music under a new name, one that won't have any expectations or labels associated with it. Because she has gone for so long as Amano Tsukiko, when she retired she chose Amano Tsuki as the name to use for her design company and projects, so it is natural she is sticking with it for her new start in music.

she has announced details are forthcoming (as in, sometime this week), but she has planned to open for Otokura's other new female artist, Mai, at her 02/04 live, 19ninteen vol. 2 ~winter~ in Shibuya.

so all you fans of Amano Tsukiko out there, get ready, cuz Amano Tsuki is back!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 03:41 AM   #2
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

WHAT IS THAT TRUE? :| WHAT THE HELL? SHES BACK ?! SHEAS BAKC AIOfch ´dsjh
od´s[fe
ohjo´
rju
U IM SO EXCITED

Edit: is it just me or she's chubbier? and why does her link at otokura has "apple" on it? XD

Yoeko Kurahashi?

Last edited by Yahiko : 2010.01.15 at 03:50 AM.
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 04:40 AM   #3
kuro_neko

I don't think she is chubbier, I just think its the haircut, now she has bangs and it curves around her face, which makes it look rounder. I think the apple in the link is not intentional, she opened that site after she quit her solo career and its been like that ever since, they will probably build her a new site for Amano Tsuki music, since that one is for her entire various interests, such as various blogs, paintings, and design.

but yessss, she is BACCCKKKKK. although, I must admit, I am not sure what her new style will sound like. There are shots of them in the studio on Tokura's blog, and Shara and the Amano Tsukiko crew are back, but she has been writing a lot of experimental electronic pop for Mai (another otokura artist) so I am wondering if she is taking her music in a new direction with her new name. Her image also seems a bit softer now. But in one of her blogs she has a picture illustration for one of her new songs, and its a marionette. I posted it in the random thread. She also said she will make an announcement sometime this week, so I think she is going to release an EP with 5 or 6 tracks on it to start her new career as Amano Tsuki!
Old 2010.01.15, 04:53 AM   #4
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

that would be nice.. even nicer if released thru Daiki Sound publisher, so we could get it from CDJapan..

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 02:05 PM   #5
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
that would be nice.. even nicer if released thru Daiki Sound publisher, so we could get it from CDJapan..
as soon as they announce a release I'm going to email cdjapan. they are really weird about how/what they stock from her, because they have heaven's gate and zero, but they don't have NOISE mini-album (all of which are otokura indie releases). since she is changing her name it is possible they won't notice unless we e-mail them.

Mai's EP is available on amazon.co.jp and iTunes Japan, so its possible Amano Tsuki will be up for digital download as well and on amazon.co.jp.
Old 2010.01.15, 02:23 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I keep getting her mixed up with Mayumi Kojima:

"Has anyone heard Amano Tsukiko?"
"Yes, I have! Swinging Caravan was terrific!"
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 03:41 PM   #7
kuro_neko

I have no idea who that is. is she rock?

so tsukko revealed her new project, she is releasing her first "songpicture" on 1/27 through otokura, and it will be a 1 song pairing with a 20 page illustrated story book, as she says drawing and music are both equally important to her. she uploaded a preview on youtube. I guess she has written a bunch of songs, because she is going to be opening for Mai, so I think maybe she will release a single like this, and maybe another one or two, and then she will do some sort of artbook/ep/album combination. overall the song is cute and catchy, but I have to admit the return to music in this fashion is a bit disappointing. she is such a rock goddess and her music is so inspiring it is a bit disappointing she isn't going 100 percent music, she is trying to fuse the two, drawing/design and music.

hikari no circus
Old 2010.01.31, 05:49 PM   #8
Denitson777

Denitson777 pleased at least somebody

Here you can here another song it starts at 1:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5eAchal-E

Last edited by Denitson777 : 2010.01.31 at 05:52 PM.
Denitson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.31, 06:35 PM   #9
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Denitson777 View Post
Here you can here another song it starts at 1:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5eAchal-E
yeah, thanks! that was a song that she did that is going on the Otokura Various Artists sampler called Plastic Rain, although she wrote it and released it as Marchen Rock, which is the same name as her design/illustration brand, so I'm guessing its not something she is going to officially release under her new name.
Old 2010.02.01, 06:45 AM   #10
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Guess I'll check her out again when there's some new material out...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote