Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.28, 07:23 PM   #51
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
cjhobbies00 wins. This is soooooo SR.

Now I really want to see SR do exactly that. TJ would need another drummer and bassist since Hata will be prancing around her in alla Kabuki, and Kameda will randomly walk in and out of the frame sporting body oil and a white sumo g-string. Also, SR needs an apple tattoo at her neck, just so that the camera can choreograph the entire shot around it. And oh, there's random funky poses/dance moves too. Bonus will be if Izawa and Ukigumo dress the same way as Kameda. That will be one helluva performance.
OMG, I swear I was about to post with those same three ideas until I saw your post!! @_@ HAhahahha, this is soo uncanny!! XDD But yeah, I can totally imagine Tokyo Jihen covering that song; Ringo would perform it perfectly!!

I can't think of any songs that'd be perfect for Ringo, and Cjhobbies already thought of the best song (so far) anyway. I usually find out about good songs through the songs she cover. >_<

Originally Posted by Nebularus View Post
The riff playing the background is pretty heavy.

I saw them on this tour and Shiina mentioned the Pantera bit just before they played this song.
Whooa, I dunno who Pantera is but that's so cool she mentioned them!! o_o (Ahh, you attended this concert, too?? >_<) I actually liked that metal part too, although I don't know if I really like metal music. Who knows, maybe it could be their next album's style/phase. o_o;;;;

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I didn't actually read through the whole thread, but doubt anyone suggested Queen. I've always thought there is a strange, nasel kinship between Freddy Mercury's voice and Shiina's, and songs like Ichijiku no Hana (sp) and the end of Karisome Otone are very Mercuryesque.

The one in particular I think would be awesome would be a song called White Queen. It would have to be very old Queen, though, something from the first four albums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvE-N4BgfIU
Hmm, I listened to this performance and I think I can kind of see the connection between their voices if I really think about it. This song was a bit slow for me, but I'd probably like it if Ringo did cover it. I'd like to see Izawa and Uki play those solos... o_o;;

Maybe "I need some fine wine and you need to be nicer", I think SR can do that song.
Oh, I've actually heard that song!! (It's one of the three songs I've heard from them. o_o) Hmm, I suppose I can see her singing it but more for the lyrics than the song, I think.

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
I just thought of another cover for Ringo: the "Cutie Honey" song. If GOGO!!7188 can do it, so can she.
Ehh, you're talking about the KODA KUMI song, right?? o_o Hmm, well maybe I can see Ringo singing it, but because it's KODA KUMI's song it's hard to imagine it... >_< But I'd like to see Kameda playing the bass in it. Oh cool, GOGO covered it?!!? @_@
Old 2007.04.28, 08:26 PM   #52
Jer

Jer is headed in the right direction

It's not Koda Kumi's song. It's the theme song for the CUTIE HONEY anime. GO!GO!7188 covered it much better than she did anyway.

Last edited by Jer : 2007.04.28 at 08:31 PM.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.28, 08:35 PM   #53
badtzmaru

Oh, really? o_o My bad, I thought she made (or sang) the song for the anime. (Err, could you hook a sister up with GOGO's cover? o_o;
Old 2007.04.28, 08:39 PM   #54
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

XO, we think alike!

Btw the GO!GO! cover is the best version of Cutie Honey! I wish I could send it to you but unfortunately I've lost the file.

Btw the original version is on youtube.
Old 2007.04.28, 08:41 PM   #55
Jer

I'm uploading it :]
Old 2007.04.28, 08:49 PM   #56
badtzmaru

Yay! Thanks, Jer!! I'm still kind of new to them; Cjhobbies introduced them to me.

Ohh, now that I hear it with this old school/enka-ish voice, I can see Ringo covering it. I just think the lyrics are a bit too cheesy, especially the "Honey Flash!" part and stuff. I don't want Ringo to sing that... *shivers* o_o

Speaking of YouGooTube, the first video you posted in this topic is dead, too. XD
Old 2007.04.29, 08:16 AM   #57
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I'm not sure about covering Cutie Honey... Maybe SR could pull something incredible, but even if the song is fun, it's also a little boring.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 11:47 AM   #58
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Btw the original version is on youtube.
Does anyone know who performed the original Cutie Honey anime theme song?
Old 2007.04.29, 12:09 PM   #59
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Does anyone know who performed the original Cutie Honey anime theme song?
A lady called Yoko Maekawa.
Video here.
Gotta love those wonderful back-up dancers.
I hope GooTube doesn't remove this one.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.29 at 12:13 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 12:23 PM   #60
Jer

A lady called Yoko Maekawa.
Video here.
Gotta love those wonderful back-up dancers.
I hope GooTube doesn't remove this one.
That is so much WIN. I kind of want to find her stuff now too.