Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2015.03.13, 09:32 PM   #291
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

It's fairly new to me since I never had the vinyl LP or anything, but is the bonus track at the end not talked about much? I think it's a beautiful track and a bit unorthodox for Shiina. It took me a little while to get used to it being there after listening to the standard LP for so long, but I like how it finishes off the album.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.15, 09:28 AM   #292
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

There is conflicting info, but Uki may have wrote it.

I love the song, absolutely, but view it as an epilogue to that stage in her career, it's not a "part" of KZK for me. If I were to order her whole career, it might come before or after Ringo no Uta, speaking because Ringo no Uta is basically "This is Shiina Ringo rolled up in one song" and Ichijiku no Hana seems to be about her family, so it's looking towards the future.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.15, 05:58 PM   #293
anonlurker

It was always just a DVD bonus track to me. A beautiful little oddity. It doesn't really belong on KZK.
Old 2015.03.15, 06:12 PM   #294
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ive been over it a thousand time- but I dunno, fits on KZK pretty well to me, the production is similar- lots of overlaying vocals etc. Has the same kinda tone/mood too. But whatever, great song, I kinda find it couples with Ariamaru Tomi pretty well.
Old 2015.03.15, 06:19 PM   #295
anonlurker

I think my issue may very well be more to do with it's position rather than it's inclusion. I'm sure it could fit in somewhere else OTHER than the finale. Thematically it's not out of kilter with the rest of the record, just it's placing at the end.
Old 2016.01.04, 05:56 PM   #296
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

So, someone pointed this FB post out to me

"Did anyone notice that Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana on Apple Music/iTunes does not have interconnected tracks? The album in general runs longer, there's a longer version of Ishiki, Okonomi de etc.
It's more or less a cosmetic thing since I think the above songs are the only ones running significantly longer, but it's interesting to hear the songs stand alone..."
Can someone confirm or is this just crazy talk???
Old 2016.01.04, 07:12 PM   #297
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I have both, let's find out. Who needs sleep anyway?

1. iTunes version of Shuukyou does not end on the bells (xylophone? idk) from the beginning of Doppelganger.

2. iTunes version of Doppelganger is spaced out a little more.

3. iTunes Meisai is spaced out a little more too. You can hear Ringo's mouth next to the microphone after she breathes out from smoking at the end.

4. The second of music/noise at the end of Odaiji Ni (CD version) before the channel changes to the news broadcast has been moved to Yattsuke Shigoto.

5. Other than that, Yattsuke Shigoto is exactly the same.

6. Kuki appears to be exactly the same.

7. Torikoshi Gurou (iTunes version) runs about 15 seconds longer than the CD version. It fades out rather than transitioning into Okonomide. Here's where it gets interesting.

8. The iTunes version of Okonomide opens on the sound of cicadas for about 5 seconds before the keys come in. It doesn't have the Torikoshi Gurou beatboxing/percussion from the CD version. Okonomide also doesn't fade out and goes on for about 15 seconds longer, without the didgeridoo/ambience from the beginning of Ishiki. It ends on a harpsichord playing by itself for one bar. In total, the track runs for 6 minutes and 8 seconds on iTunes, as opposed to 5:48 on the CD.

9.The didgeridoo and ambient noise at the start of Ishiki runs for 58 seconds before Ringo starts singing on the iTunes version. It's only 15 seconds on my CD. It's also been separated from Poltergeists.

10. This means Poltergeists starts with the sound of a car pulling away, the level crossing signal comes in a few seconds later. There's also about a second of silence between Poltergeists and Souretsu.

11. Souretsu is exactly the same.

There's probably more but that's all I found. Now I sleep. Night night.

Last edited by K__ : 2016.01.04 at 07:16 PM.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.04, 09:12 PM   #298
kanzaki

kanzaki pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by K__ View Post
I have both, let's find out. Who needs sleep anyway?

1. iTunes version of Shuukyou does not end on the bells (xylophone? idk) from the beginning of Doppelganger.

2. iTunes version of Doppelganger is spaced out a little more.

3. iTunes Meisai is spaced out a little more too. You can hear Ringo's mouth next to the microphone after she breathes out from smoking at the end.

4. The second of music/noise at the end of Odaiji Ni (CD version) before the channel changes to the news broadcast has been moved to Yattsuke Shigoto.

5. Other than that, Yattsuke Shigoto is exactly the same.

6. Kuki appears to be exactly the same.

7. Torikoshi Gurou (iTunes version) runs about 15 seconds longer than the CD version. It fades out rather than transitioning into Okonomide. Here's where it gets interesting.

8. The iTunes version of Okonomide opens on the sound of cicadas for about 5 seconds before the keys come in. It doesn't have the Torikoshi Gurou beatboxing/percussion from the CD version. Okonomide also doesn't fade out and goes on for about 15 seconds longer, without the didgeridoo/ambience from the beginning of Ishiki. It ends on a harpsichord playing by itself for one bar. In total, the track runs for 6 minutes and 8 seconds on iTunes, as opposed to 5:48 on the CD.

9.The didgeridoo and ambient noise at the start of Ishiki runs for 58 seconds before Ringo starts singing on the iTunes version. It's only 15 seconds on my CD. It's also been separated from Poltergeists.

10. This means Poltergeists starts with the sound of a car pulling away, the level crossing signal comes in a few seconds later. There's also about a second of silence between Poltergeists and Souretsu.

11. Souretsu is exactly the same.

There's probably more but that's all I found. Now I sleep. Night night.
Sorry to necro this thread but I’ve been listening to the Spotify versions of this album and was so shocked that the inter track transitions are so different! Glad that someone here could confirm it. For a moment there I thought I was either losing my mind or that I had been worshipping a screwed up mp3 bootleg for years
kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.21, 07:14 AM   #299
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kanzaki View Post
Sorry to necro this thread but I’ve been listening to the Spotify versions of this album and was so shocked that the inter track transitions are so different! Glad that someone here could confirm it. For a moment there I thought I was either losing my mind or that I had been worshipping a screwed up mp3 bootleg for years
Yes I was pretty disappointed that was the version of KZK they put out for streaming. They sound better in terms of being standalone tracks (for mixes I suppose), but tons of folks are missing out on the magic that was the album's original cohesion.

Truly makes me wonder what her rationale was behind the new edits. And her relationship with KZK the project in general.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.21, 01:46 PM   #300
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I considered making a thread about this but figured it's KSK-relevant so in this thread it goes!

I found this out from someone in one of my Facebook groups of all places but Kasen, the artist who designed the floral pattern on the teacup set for KSK, is bringing some of her works to an exhibition on Oct. 25-27 in East Village, New York (I have no idea if any active US EMFers are even on the East Coast). But if you are, might be cool to check out if you're in the area! She might even be selling some art pieces if you want to pick them up. I'd love to go but I'm over 2,500 miles away all the way on the West Coast, so....

Opening reception: Friday, Oct. 25, 6:30 PM
Oct. 26-27, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Exhibition Website (has address, additional details, etc.): https://resobox.com/exhibition/

Artist Website: https://www.kasennn.com/

Last edited by Osiris12345 : 2019.10.21 at 01:50 PM.
Osiris12345 is offline   Reply With Quote