Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2013.10.23, 07:54 AM   #1031
timechaser

timechaser pleased at least somebody

Hello all.
I'm Nolan.
I've been a fan for a few years now. One of my friends got me into Shiina Ringo's music. I've always loved Japanese culture and was taken aback by Shiina Ringo's beauty and talent.
timechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.10.24, 04:10 PM   #1032
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i love Koko de shite dynamite out version and prob my favorite for sentimental reason being she wrote and performed that specifically for me

hate the MM studio version tho
thank god i heard the dynamite one first
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.08, 11:21 AM   #1033
Rhea

Rhea is headed in the right direction

I've been lurking for a while now, so I figured I'd finally say hi! Also, apparently I've had this account since 2012 but I don't remember making it @__@;;

I've been a Ringo fan since about 2004/2005, but I've mostly been focusing on her solo works. It's only fairly recently that I started paying attention to Jihen (about 2 years, maybe). I've been a bit out of the loop when it comes to Ringo news lately, and I figured joining a community would help me keep up! This also seems like a good place to find new music~

idk what else to say... I'm 23 and I'm from Norway!
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.09, 06:06 AM   #1034
StrawberryPop

StrawberryPop pleased at least somebody

Found this site upon searching for instrumentals from the HZD album. I've been a fan of Shiina Ringo for about two years. A friend of mine introduced me to Sakuran and I've been in love ever since.
StrawberryPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.11.11, 10:44 AM   #1035
LoLyfe

LoLyfe pleased at least somebody

I'm Lo, been a fan for a good few years, I think my introduction to Ringo was via the Sakuran motion picture, although it feels as though I've been listening a lot longer than that...

Looking forward to participating in this wonderful community!
LoLyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.12.01, 08:27 AM   #1036
Reggie

Reggie pleased at least somebody

Heya, I'm Reggie! I've been an SR fan and a TJ fan for quite a while, I think the first song I heard by TJ was Himitsu ♡ I'm a huge jazz fan so of course I was hooked. Anyways, these introductions are hard and awk for me so~ See you all around!! Thanks in advance for answering all of my questions, you all seem very knowledgeable and I've enjoyed reading the forum posts so far.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.01.14, 02:49 PM   #1037
ambulocetus

ambulocetus pleased at least somebody

I posted my intro in the wrong place a while back, and I'm finally going to fix that. Here it is http://forums.electricmole.net/showp...&postcount=245
Old 2014.01.25, 06:08 PM   #1038
Kuroneko

Kuroneko probably pissed somebody off

Originally Posted by AppleForMe View Post
Well "Koko de kisu shite" is not technically my favorite song of Ringo but it's the first song that draws me into Ringo's world =D. My favorite is "Kuki".

I know....We definitely need more ppl from NA XDD
Are you still alive? :p
Old 2014.03.02, 08:05 AM   #1039
JAWofGoethe

JAWofGoethe pleased at least somebody
Default Hi

Hi, everyone. I’m a young student (future math teacher) mad about SR since 2010. Listening to music is a given while I’m at class, home, reading, writing or drawing. Remember that dreamer type-of-guy that used to be silent and somewhat gloomy in your class at senior high? I’m that type, only a bit older, haha.
Now seriously I’m not that gloomy (anymore) but the dreamer part is still intact (Shiina has a thing against dreamers, right? I mean, guitarist dreamers…) and SR’s music along with other recommendations I have gathered while surfing the web conform my music collection.
I’ve been occasionally reading the forums for about a year or so and the practice (or ritual?) has grown on me strongly every day. No other place has given me so much insight in SR and her work and other artists I know now but would even hint they existed before. This is going to sound exaggerated but, for what it’s worth, it’s a personal truth: although I find EMF because of SR web-lurking, the diversity of opinions and tastes in the site was an echo of Ringo’s music philosophy. In this sense, oddly enough, the forum is a proper tribute to its origins since “it’s all over the place”.

Right now I got another free week from school and finally decided to post in EMF because well, to put it without stiffness, for the fun of it.
Well, I hope by joining the community I can learn a lot more about music and alike. Thanks in advance to all the members!
On a side note: I apologize if my english seems weird, I’m not a native speaker. I guess this is also a great opportunity to get some feedback in the use of the language. btw, this introduction is a kind of long and stiff, I know, but I like it that way.
Old 2014.03.02, 08:52 AM   #1040
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by JAWofGoethe View Post
Remember that dreamer type-of-guy that used to be silent and somewhat gloomy in your class at senior high? I’m that type, only a bit older, haha.
You mean, introverted? That's very common here. I wouldn't say it automatically fits the profile of "a Shiina Ringo fan", but more specifically "people who take messageboards seriously in an era when it's not exactly the most well-known type of website".

Originally Posted by JAWofGoethe View Post
I apologize if my english seems weird, I’m not a native speaker. I guess this is also a great opportunity to get some feedback in the use of the language. btw, this introduction is a kind of long and stiff, I know, but I like it that way.
Your writing doesn't have an ESL (English-as-Second-Language) air to it, but perhaps your spoken English does. The choices-of-words from exclusively-English speakers can already be quirky at times, so the best way to describe your written English is that it's.. no quirkier than what I usually see. If you hadn't disclosed anything about your true nature, I would've just assumed English was your first/only language.

Anyway, welcome!