Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.05.15, 02:22 AM   #811
anonlurker

Buy a bottle and find out. It's probably pretty poor given it's just promotional material.

Given that most perfume keeps for about 5 years in the right conditions I would be wary about trying any of it now.
Old 2014.05.15, 05:11 AM   #812
BlueApple

BlueApple is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
Anybody actually knows what the ADULT perfumes smell like? Lol. Was looking around for a Basenotes or Fragrantica equivalent info page to no avail. Just out of curiosity.
The first press of Adult has a little scratch & sniff strip in the liner notes. I bought a secondhand copy, and the scent is still there. I think it's nice/light--nothing offensive, but I don't really know how to describe fragrances typically.
BlueApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.06.07, 09:22 PM   #813
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I just bought the DVD edition of MoRA and Hesei Fuuzoku Daijinshou! They both come with so many wonderful goodies not to mention better-than-FLAC audio! I don't have a good audio system while in Japan, but once I get home, it is going to be FANTASTIC! I wish more albums were available like that. They were really cheap too, MoRa was about 7500 yen and HFD was 1200! Too bad Ringo Book is still 9500 yen OUCH.

My Shiina magazine collection is also growing. I cna't seem to find the latest issue of Switch that had an article about Shiina + Women's Lib (!!! Right up my alley!). I saw it once at the Shibuya Tower Records but can't find it anywhere else.

Here's the issues of magazines I now own:
Rockin' On Japan vol. 238 Jan 2003 (Ringo Cover story, kimono photoshoot, I believe for KZK)
vol. 240 Feb 2003 (Ringo Cover story, demented/punk homages to classical Japanese motifs, also for KZK)
vol. 291 Feb 2006 (not cover story, Tokyo Jihen - Adult)
vol. 318 Aud 2007 (not cover story, Tokyo Jihen - Variety)
vol. 353 July 2009 (not cover story, Sanmon Gossip, very steamy photoshoot, Ringo naked behind a shower curtain)
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.28, 01:59 AM   #814
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Just bought one of those Shiina Ringo plastic model kits on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171371049762

I've never seen one of them up for sale on there before.

I have zero experience with model painting, but I'll take this as the impetus to start learning how. Maybe in a few years and after tons of practice I'll feel skilled enough to tackle this seemingly complex model.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.28, 07:12 AM   #815
anonlurker

Man, they've been on the auctions forever but I could never quite push myself to buy one. Painting/assembly would be a breeze but I thought owning a figure of a musician might be a step too far.

Post a pic if you manage to assemble it!
Old 2014.07.28, 12:50 PM   #816
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

^I will! But it might be a very long time before I'm confident enough to attempt it, haha. Just looking at the details on her dress makes me panic.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.29, 07:05 PM   #817
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

My recent haul from Tokyo:

Rockin' on Japan:
April 2000 (cover story)
January 2003 (looks like Turtle got the same one!)
November 2004
December 2004 (Jihen cover story)
February 2006
August 2007
July 2008 (cover story)
August 2010
April 2012 (cover story)
July 2014

Buzz:
November 1999

Switch:
February 2007 (cover story)
October 2007 (Jihen cover story)
March 2010 (cover story)

I have to say this....looking at these is like reading A Tale of Two Shiinas. Rockin' in Japan April 2000 has an HMV ad inside the back cover, with a photo of Ringo standing, dressed, at a public urinal. The July 2008 cover has Shiina holding a bunch of lilies to her chest.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.29, 07:17 PM   #818
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Finally, after months of hunting for one at a reasonable price, I've hunted down my friend the Where is the Love vinyl. For only 1000 yen! Sometimes being patient really pays off- the prices I've seen before this have been around 4,000-6,000 yen. Helps that the dude who listed didn't bother to mention SHIINA RINGO in the listing and only SHIINA JUNPEI (you know- that dude who is related to Ringo by blood, has a decent voice but absolutely no musical creativity that noone gives a crap about...)

Anyway good deal for a pretty collector-only item that only pops up very occasionally. I don't think I've even spun my own copy more than twice (this itself is probably some kind of world record :-p). Does anyone even remember what the bsides sound like??? I do actually like the Ringo-featuring song though, and wonder why it wasn't on Ukina (could be that it's a cover, or that Shiina Ringo doesn't even remember it's existence :-p)... seemed appropriate to put on there.

It's pretty funny how I was just talking about this (not being able to find a copy for a friend) on JPS the other day and then actually found it within 48 hours after that conversation :-p Now to wait for the damn deputy fees (I imagine its gonna total around 3000 yen because the seller is using COD to Noppin's warehouse :-/) blegh.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.07.29 at 07:45 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.07.31, 03:52 PM   #819
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

well I bought Ringo book!
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.02, 05:13 AM   #820
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

What is Ringo book?
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote