Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.11.13, 07:11 AM   #41
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kuroneko is so passionate
XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.13, 07:14 PM   #42
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
Kuroneko is so passionate
XD
there is a reason my icon says "I shall reign in blood" XDXD

I like these forums but I'm a wallflower mostly nowadays because people are so high-strung and negative, you can't say anything without having it turn into a debate, and in such a heated environment everyone overreacts, I'm guilty of it too.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.13, 07:57 PM   #43
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
are you aware of just how Kameda has played a part in writing for other bands?
Yes I am aware of that fact.

Kameda's a brilliant guy in many ways, but his songwriting for TJ is very predictable. Superstar, Toumei Ningen, Private Life, and Senkou Shoujou, they all sound like permutations of one another.
Old 2007.11.14, 08:49 PM   #44
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Yes I am aware of that fact.

Kameda's a brilliant guy in many ways, but his songwriting for TJ is very predictable. Superstar, Toumei Ningen, Private Life, and Senkou Shoujou, they all sound like permutations of one another.
I will give you Superstar and Shiseikatsu, but comparing Toumei Ningen and Senkou Shoujo to any of those other songs makes no sense. That is like saying Koko de Kiss Shite, Gibbs, Tsumi to Batsu, and Yami ni Furu Ame are all permutations of the same song.

Hey, did you know Tsumi to Batsu and Shuukyou have the same chord progression? Oh, and that Marunouchi Sadistic and Hatsukoi Shoujo do too? Would we dare call those permutations too?

My point is, who cares. Ringo wrote the lyrics/vocals for all the above said songs anyways and if you were to strip them of those and just listen to the music I think the songs themselves are all radically different.
Old 2007.11.14, 10:21 PM   #45
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Show me tabs of those 4 songs. I've noticed similarities, but I want to see how exactly alike they are.

Kokode and Gibs sound pretty damn alike to me. If I didn't know SR wrote them, I would have thought Kameda did anyway.
Old 2007.11.15, 03:01 AM   #46
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Hey, did you know Tsumi to Batsu and Shuukyou have the same chord progression? Oh, and that Marunouchi Sadistic and Hatsukoi Shoujo do too? Would we dare call those permutations too?
Having molodies that can be arranged into the same chord progression doesn't necessarily mean that the songwriter adopted the same progression in practice. Also, different chords produce different auras.

When you listen to these songs carefully (on the basis of some practice on musical theory, of course) you can tell that the chords progressions are different.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.15, 06:19 PM   #47
kuro_neko

so now the person that makes giant sweeping generalizations about all of Kameda's songs sounding the same wants concrete evidence? Please, why don't I pull those extra unpublished songwriter scores out from my ass and then I would be glad to show you.

and Canto, I'm not the first person to claim this. I have read several in depth discussions, argued very intelligently, by musicians who did actually analyze each song in relation to each other.

The main point is not that they have the *exact* same progression but that they are similar enough to warrant notice, certainly more-so than Toumei Ningen, Superstar, Shiseikatsu, or Senkou Shoujo have to each other. As far as I am concerned Ringo could write another 20 songs loosely based around one progression in varied states and that wouldn't stop me from adoring it if it was good enough. I mean take a look at Nickleback....bands DO do it and it sells.

Also, Ringo has never performed Shuukyou, ever. You know, just bringing that up too
Old 2007.11.16, 08:33 AM   #48
justriiingo

Note: I'm referring to all of Kameda's songs written for TJ, not his entire body of work for the J-music industry. This is just like when I say Blackout is like a Sounan copy, hardly anyone else agrees. Kameda's personal style is very strong (this is a good thing), except I don't care for his particular flavour of music. I usually like how he writes the verses, but his choruses tend to be quite blah.

Bottomline: Given the direction that TJ is moving to, you win, I lose.

Back to PV discussion.
Old 2007.11.16, 03:19 PM   #49
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm counting down the days for this DVD to arrive at my door step @_@. I can't wait to rip the audio for Senkou Shoujo, as the PV rip is not very high quality.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 07:10 PM   #50
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Kuro_neko: Where can i see the actual debate those pros had?
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote