Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.04.07, 03:45 PM   #151
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

yes, I did report that. but along with all the other news I've broken, it was all posted to be intentionally confusing so I could misconstrue the information in my favor.

what I was hiding all along is that the b-side is in fact a cover of The Trammps Disco Inferno....break out your dancing shoes and afro comb!
Old 2009.04.07, 04:13 PM   #152
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
what I was hiding all along is that the b-side is in fact a cover of The Trammps Disco Inferno....break out your dancing shoes and afro comb!
Oh no you di-n't, nuh-huh girl!
It's gonna be a cover of YMCA with Junpei. I'm sure.
That or Freedom by George Michael.
Old 2009.04.07, 05:34 PM   #153
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Waiting on the heels of a B-side is what the fan base has come to?

Short of this we're going to get all excited because she hired some outside producer as a sign of good news -- truly the last bastion.
Old 2009.04.07, 05:36 PM   #154
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah, Orenji told me "Ringo fans must be the most clueless fans on the earth" (or something like that).
Old 2009.04.07, 05:47 PM   #155
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

This brand is so tarnished that I'm not sure if I care anymore.

This B-side better be fuckin' gold or I'll....... just cry
Old 2009.04.07, 06:55 PM   #156
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm probably going to be the only who likes this single, and all of you will probably be like "big surprise there" hah. I mean, knowing what she said about why she wrote it, it makes sense. someone begged her to write music for a drama, and that is what we get. Its kind of funny, I mean with Sakuran, and then this. Like her solo career is dead, until someone begs her to write music, and then we get some little additions to her catalogue. But she hasn't written anything freely and off the cuff it seems in quite some time (except perhaps Yokyou and the new b-side). I'm not holding out for some amazing ringo rock song, but I am looking foward to at least two new songs.

maybe since all these people are asking ringo to write music for them we will eventually get another solo album full of the extra stuff she never sold. it would probably be trash to most of us here though.

and it BETTER not be YMCA OR George Michael.

wait, this just, supplemental ringo-han email just came in, and they have announced the song issss

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP-Rick Astley
Old 2009.04.07, 06:57 PM   #157
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Bromithia asked me to listen to the 10 sec clip yesterday, so I did. I honestly think some are jumping off the deep end here. When I heard it, the two songs that came to mind were less energetic and emotive Izon-sho and Superstar. What I hear sounds like Kameda's influence, so I'm not proclaiming the song to the dust bin just yet.

I think aybe some are expecting the wrong thing. I listen to this juxtaposed with the other song promoting this show, "Let it Be."

Is Let it Be the best of Beatles songs? No. Is it smarmy and a little heavy-handed (even in the Naked and Anthology vers.) Yeah. But is it really a bad song you wouldnt listen to? Not at all! It's a good song.

So I'm not expecting Honnou, Kabuki-cho, or even a Shuraba. I could be quite optomistic if it's a "Let it Be" though.

(I bet the B-side sucks.)

(and of course the A-side could be droll and plodding too. I havent heard the longer clip)
Old 2009.04.07, 07:24 PM   #158
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Here's an idea! seeing as she only writes for others now, why don't we commission her ourselves might cost a bit but at least we might get a song that we actually wanna hear.

Contract can specify that there is to be no Orchestra involvement.
Old 2009.04.07, 08:28 PM   #159
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

And since I'm contributing the most, Uki's on lead guitar.
Old 2009.04.07, 08:43 PM   #160
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Waiting on the heels of a B-side is what the fan base has come to?

Short of this we're going to get all excited because she hired some outside producer as a sign of good news -- truly the last bastion.
It seems only natural that during times when a paucity of new material is being produced, relatively insignificant releases will receive inordinate attention.
Closed Thread