Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:05 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2003.11.25 - Ringo no Uta (CD+DVD) [Single]

りんごのうた (Ringo no Uta)

01. りんごのうた (Ringo no Uta)
02. la salle de bain
03. リンゴカタログ~黒子時代再編纂~ (Ringo Catalogue ~hokuro jidai saihen san~)
Total Playtime: 12:28

Second-Press (Copy-Control) Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
Second-Press (Reissue) Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.05, 08:44 PM   #4
Roberto Herrera-Art

Roberto Herrera-Art pleased at least somebody

Well this is my favorite single the 2 song are excelents, I don't kanow beacuse this post haven't comments, I thinks that I'll post hte first XD

The second song is the best, have 2 PV and more perfonrmans, well I have some of this melancolical song:

PV 1 (Subs Spanish) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsFIiRSiLI
PV 1 (Subs English) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMmtcSL6-A
PV2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwPkiKV7yzs

This is the same song, the music is melancholic and describe more part of the life of Shiina Ringo, I like this PVs beacuase SR show the clothes of the other videos.

Dynamite Out (Subs Spanish) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zUgcsoa2wM
Dynamite Out (Subs English) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXws8BpPqAg

Well, this sis a version more cheerful and rhythmic of the song,the concert is of Tokyo Jihen

Ringohan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHPuhVdipxo

This vesion is some melancholic, but the change in the music and the accompaniment of Hasegawa Kiyoshi they give a new flavor to this song.

Well, for I finish I mention that I don't try to make a commercial of the videos, but rather the intent to share.

See you and good luck.
Roberto Herrera-Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.08, 10:01 AM   #5
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I was talking with another member of this forum about what the lyrics to La Salle de Bain meant and I decided to post my thoughts here and I'm very interested in what other people think about it.

I think this song deals with suicide @_@.

"you said it did not you? “just do it kill me”

"i just had a dream and in it you had died
and i had no choice then but to love you "

"so wash me cut me i am underwater
my lungs and breathing are quite affected
please watch me closely and do check to see
i dry out completely i dry through and through "

I get the feeling that she cut herself and the drying through and through is like all the blood leaving her body. I guess the guy she was with was going to leave her or left her, and she killed her self. And that's his "bon appetit". It’s like she mocking him or trying to make him feel guilty for what he did to her.

But, I don't get this part:

"it was you who was dying there right in front of me and i could not stop the tears i could not hold them in"

because if he is dying, then its weird that she would kill herself. The only thing I could think of is that she means that his image is dying in front of her, because they are becoming separate.

"the troops to protect me were out on patrol
please watch me closely and do check to see
i dry out completely i dry through and through"

The “troops” were not there to watch her, so she killed herself. I guess the troops is her good judgement and it was gone because of all the emotions she was feeling were too overwhelming.

"a lie so big that it got me dirty
as soon as i said it a wound opened up"

I think thats where she cuts herself. I can’t figure out what the “lie” is, but I think it’s probably some false idea she had of the guy. Or an excuse she was trying to make for his behaviour, but in the end could not make herself believe it.

So, basically, I think the “plot” to this song is that the guy was going to leave her, or left her, and she killed herself as a form of sick revenge.

"and when i do melt down entirely immediately
bon appétit "

Like she’s saying "eat this" after she killed herself.

I hope my idea is not too far off from what everyone else though @_@. It’s weird that when I first heard this song I thought it was so comical because the music has a sort of lightheartedness to some parts and the singing about being underwater, but the more I heard it, the more I realized it’s dark theme.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.08, 11:22 PM   #6
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I think when she says 'a wound opened up' she means a figurative wound, not a literal cut.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 08:51 AM   #7
HEDOfloe

Well, yeah, figuratively, but I think this is like the moment that leads her into the suicide. The breaking point I guess.
Old 2007.12.10, 06:52 PM   #8
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Sounds like she learned some awful truth that people had been keeping from her for years. Her innocence is dying. She learned the truth about her vagina.
Old 2007.12.10, 07:19 PM   #9
HEDOfloe

^ I guess you could get that when she says this:

"a lie so big that it got me dirty"

But I don't think that's the whole, overarching theme of the song. Unless something else is pointing you towards it?
Old 2007.12.10, 07:34 PM   #10
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

hmm I've never thought about this song in such a light.

as with most of her work, I think her lyrics flow more as a stream of conscious than as an active narrative. The title might also give us some insight into the song. Why Bathroom? Because that is where wash ourselves clean. Whether or not she means a purification in skin, purification in mind, or purification in death, that is where we must make our own decisions!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote