Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.11.11, 01:00 PM   #101
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

KOTOR was my first Western RPG so it blew my mind. The second was even better, except it was rushed and failed to reach its potential. Kreia was such an interesting character.

It'll always have a special place in my heart <3
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 01:22 PM   #102
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

My first western RPG was Mass Effect. Then Kotor, but Dragon Age is soooo much better.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 02:30 PM   #103
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think I'll like Dragon Age better than Kotor by the end, because of the former's non-linearity. And *controlled* non-linearity, unlike Oblivion or Fallout. I like the idea of those games, but they're a bit too 'loose' for me. DA is perfect because there's a lot of content like those games, but it's compacted into a tighter experience.

Though, I'm having trouble reading some of the codex entries because I have a small TV =P
Old 2009.11.17, 02:07 PM   #104
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Super Mario Bros Wii!!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.17, 02:39 PM   #105
the fox

the fox has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Enjoying Borderlands a lot so far. The story is pretty meh, but the gameplay is a blast. The bazillion different weapons and leveling up never ceases to be fun.
the fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.21, 10:00 AM   #106
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Super Mario Bros Wii!!
Bought it today and will start playing tonight. Still playing Dragon Age and I'm loving the broken mages. Sleep + Horror + Waking Nightmare = broken Morrigan.
Old 2009.11.21, 10:24 AM   #107
Scribble R

My backlog includes both Borderlands and Super Mario Bros. Wii which I'll begin when I have free time (Xmas). I'm really looking forward to playing them, especially co-op
Old 2009.11.21, 08:01 PM   #108
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

super mario bros wii is hard. not difficult in the sense of impossible, but just, the learning curve goes up rather swiftly.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.22, 03:14 PM   #109
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Does anyone know how bad the console version of Dragon Age is compared to the PC? Graphically I'm not too bothered, and I know it's going to play much better with a keyboard and mouse but how gimped is it on a console? God knows when I'll bother to upgrade my PC to be able to play it so is it worth waiting for or should I just go for the console version? I wasn't that worried until Edge gave the console version 5/10 (they didn't review the PC version, I don't think). But then that's Edge for you
Old 2009.11.22, 04:01 PM   #110
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Does anyone know how bad the console version of Dragon Age is compared to the PC? Graphically I'm not too bothered, and I know it's going to play much better with a keyboard and mouse but how gimped is it on a console? God knows when I'll bother to upgrade my PC to be able to play it so is it worth waiting for or should I just go for the console version? I wasn't that worried until Edge gave the console version 5/10 (they didn't review the PC version, I don't think). But then that's Edge for you
The console version is MUCH easier than the console version, and it doesn't offer the ISO view like Baldurs Gate. And if you want to play the game like Baldurs Gate (controlling every character, pausing all the time) and not like a action rpg with a FF12 AI tactics system then I'd say the PC is your ONLY choice. If you play it like BG then the console version will probably be too easy even on hard, and with so much going on on the screen it's a pain in the ass to control every action. And I think it's a waste not playing this game like that. Maybe just because there's nothing that I hate more than ai controlled allies. It's just too much fun to know that you fight with everything you have, to make perfect command chains and get the best result possible. You can't do that with the tactic system.
And I don't think the consoles 6 buttonslots for spells and items can compare to the slotbar on the pc, that you can extent to you monitor's width as you like (So more than 20 slots on 1280x1024). For some characters I use almost all of them.

So depending on how you want to play, the console version is either made for you, or sucks completely.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote