Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introductions You MUST introduce yourself here before you may post throughout the rest of the community.

Old 2008.06.16, 12:19 AM   #521
kamikaze

kamikaze is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by ZAZEN View Post
Yeah, Number Girl is better (HISAKO TABUCHI!!!!!!!)
Zazen Boys is kind of getting ehh... I still like them though.

And I'm 18 in Korean age
yes, Tabuchi is a special talent, gotta love her. actually i think you're very unusual for a Korean girl your age. Shouldn't you be listening to like "Big Bang" or "Jewelry" ㅋㅋ (not sure what the "kids" are listening to right now-I was in Europe for a month). Or even the people that listen to Japanese singers usually like really pop things like Amuro Namie or BoA (joking ㅋㅋ). But its good to see a young Korean who likes quality rock. Makes me feel good about the future music of "Dae Han Min Gook" (대한민국)
Old 2008.06.16, 01:11 AM   #522
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Looking at my post count, the forum's probably sick of me extolling the greatness of Phase 1 and pre-TJ 2.0 SR and me pretending that TJ has been inactive since JCHI. (Whoever did Variety, it wasn't the Tokyo Jihen I know.)

I've become somewhat of a conflicted fan over the years. I absolutely dislike whatever nonsense SR/TJ is putting out right now. I yearn for the familiarity of of MM or SS or KZK or Dynamite Out, yet that familiarity is getting a little tired and boring to me. SR's songs used to be full of surprises all the time. Boundaries were being pushed. Through the music, I hear someone fighting for her passion. It just doesn't seem that way anymore.

When people asked me what artist/band I liked, I used to say, without hesitation, "Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Jihen".
These days, I saying "Amy Winehouse" more and more.

Oh well.
Old 2008.06.16, 04:30 AM   #523
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
However Tesla, there is an "official position" of the forum (at least when it comes to outside perception), and it tends to be Tokyo Jihad's position Sure, its an ego-stroke, but thats more true than you'd think. =p
I would never absurdly presume to be an expert on almost anything related to this forum, Jihad-san. That is why I always am mindful to temper my statements with modifiers ("there doesn't appear to be" vs. "isn't"). But if you didn't occasionally remind me of my naivete, my feeling would be hurt Its nice that you consider my words worthy of a response, even if it is periodically a gentle rap on the knuckles.

I am content to remain floating around in the ambiguous area in between dispassionate social anthropologist and comfortable, animated insider. On the subject of the reception of disparate opinions, I hope it would be safe to say that no one is expected to toe the party line, and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 06:26 AM   #524
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

gentle rap on the knuckles, what? Nothing of the sort, sir! Just say "isn't" cuz otherwise you're undermining your own opinion. Otherwise it gives the appearance of "well if you can't get behind your own opinion, why should I give a fuck?" The above post is just "me" talking, not like its some gov't sanctioned address. =p

Unless I have my Ebert-hat on, don't take anything I say too seriously =p

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.06.16 at 06:29 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 08:54 AM   #525
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Waaaaaaat.
You prefer a junkie? Seriously, go watch what she did during her performance in Rock in Rio this year, a portuguese music festival. It's not that you can't like Ringo anymore, I'm just impressed by the replacement.
How does that at all effect how she enjoys the music? Because she's a junkie she can no longer have her as a musical preference?

Speaking of junkies pwning latter day Jihen, The Libertines would be my Winehouse.
Old 2008.06.16, 09:38 AM   #526
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I agree about the junkie comment, amy winehouse is amazingly overrated. she is this decade's alicia keys. alicia keys was such a joke to any somewhat educated pianist. give someone a grammy and suddenly they have some credibility? amy winehouse, IMHO, is same.

but there are good junkies and bad junkies. tori amos did amazing work on opium, but then she probably put her best work out while clean. There is a difference between drugs making you sloppy and drugs being the jumping off point (along with a sober man's music) into alternate realiy, ala jimmi hendrix etc.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2008.06.16 at 09:45 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 09:54 AM   #527
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

The Beatles totally sucked once they started taking drugs
Old 2008.06.16, 10:00 AM   #528
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
The Beatles totally sucked once they started taking drugs
the Beatles totally sucked before they started taking drugs
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.16, 10:21 AM   #529
Tokyo Jihad

the moral of the story is: who cares if an artist is taking drugs if other than a health concern
Old 2008.06.16, 01:15 PM   #530
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

A lot of my friends dismiss Amy Winehouse just because she's a junkie. I even had to trick them in to listening to her music, get their feet tapping and head bopping and exclaim "hey this is good" before I told them "It's Amy Winehouse" and watch their mouths agape, expressions frozen but slowly changing from disbelief to denial.

Who ever takes the Grammys seriously anyway? I don't. Just because one artist won more Grammys than another doesn't prove that he/she is a better, more innovative musician; it just proves that them and their PR reps are better at politicking. If they happen to make good music too, then good for them!

If anything, TJ took that PV technical award for Killer Tune just to give themselves some credibility.

FYI Shinji, I use Winehouse, Paul Desmond and Astor Piazzolla interchangeably; Winehouse just gives me the most reactions.

Last edited by justriiingo : 2008.06.16 at 01:20 PM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote