Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.29, 11:07 PM   #521
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oh yeah, definitely encouraged I used to post translations of Ringohan fanclub emails here; still have a backlog of emails from 2 years ago to translate eventually XDD
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.30, 05:14 AM   #522
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Just joined ringohan, the website really is hard to navigate with my iffy Japanese. :/
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.30, 06:51 AM   #523
merman

merman is an asset to this community

If you use Firefox, just install the Rikaichan plugin, that could make it a lot easier (in case you've never heard of it, it's a sort of an instant dictionary which pops up a translation of a word when you point your cursor at it, and sometimes it's really helpful and quick)
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.03, 07:17 AM   #524
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

Yeah, been using it for a while but there are a lot of pictures used for menu items on that site, which can be hit and miss as far as translation is concerned.
Mr Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.11, 01:22 PM   #525
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yay, I love collection threads! It's nothing like the others here, but I'm pretty proud of it.

KZK, HF, Electric Mole and Adult (the latter 2 more obviously so) are first press. I'm not sure about OSCA -- I preordered it but it doesn't look any different.

I just got these lovely items in the mail (included a MM vinyl, not picture above), so I decided to account what I had and take a picture! It's so nice to see so many Ringos looking back at you.

However, I got the re-released Ringo no Uta and I feel so swindled that the jewel case doesn't have the mole drawn on it! I knew I should've picked up the original used in Japan when I had the chance.

And here's a list of my whole CD collection if anyone, like me, likes looking at that stuff.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2009.05.11 at 01:30 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.11, 02:31 PM   #526
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

So how come you bought the Muzai Moratorium LP, but not also the Shouso Strip LP? Was it because of the cover art, or are you one of the few people who would dare to stand up and say that out of the first three albums, Muzai Moratorium is underrated?

*edit*
By the way, isn't GeoCities going to close down soon?
How long have you had your account with them? Early enough to have number and a neighborhood name before?
Old 2009.05.11, 02:32 PM   #527
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Muzai Moratorium is completely underrated. The only person who seems to consistently give it props on the forum is Maou.

KSK > MM > SS
Old 2009.05.11, 02:46 PM   #528
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
So how come you bought the Muzai Moratorium LP, but not also the Shouso Strip LP? Was it because of the cover art, or are you one of the few people who would dare to stand up and say that out of the first three albums, Muzai Moratorium is underrated?

*edit*
By the way, isn't GeoCities going to close down soon?
How long have you had your account with them? Early enough to have number and a neighborhood name before?
I just like Muzai Moratorium better than Shouso Strip and I didn't have enough money to buy them both. I haven't even fully sorted out why I wanted it on vinyl in the first place. I don't have a very good record player and I already have the album on CD (AND I could've spend it on other CDs) -- but I've just been on a vinyl kick lately and I had this uncontrolable urge to get it.

And yeah, when I was uploading my updated list I just found out that it was closing down. I don't really use the site anymore -- only for storage so I'll just have to find somewhere else later.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.11, 02:48 PM   #529
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I actually think it's underrated as well, by me too. But that's just because the two following albums are what they are. It's like being the least great but still great, and undeniably a wonderful debut.
BTW I imagine both covers in 12" must be kickass - MM because it's so "busy" and SS because it's quite simple, so the size would just accentuate both.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.11, 02:54 PM   #530
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You know, originally you wouldn't even be able to buy either of those vinyls anywhere near this late. If you were watching what was happening in the months leading up to their release, there was a period when every major vendor was saying they were sold out. Heisei Fuuzoku has also disappeared and reappeared. Supposedly all of these vinyls are "limited", but I'm not believing EMI about that anymore. I mean yeah, the limited availability of the MoRA boxes definitely wasn't a joke, and none of the first-press CDs/DVDs throughout the past few years have been a joke either, but there's just something about these most recent vinyls that makes me believe EMI keeps re-evaluating how much more money they think they want to make.