Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.25, 07:59 PM   #471
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Two and a bit days to go before Phase 2's first TV feature since Variety =D The next time I'm on, I'll either be saying how much better 3min sounds live, or deciding that I've changed my mind about going to Ultra C!
I'll gladly take your ticket since I'll probably be too irresponsible to get my own in time.
Old 2009.11.25, 08:08 PM   #472
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
thats interesting. well, I kind of grew up all over and my family has been outside of Boston since I was in second grade. I went to school in MA and then to Japan and moved to Hawai'i in fall 08 to be closer to my bf, who has been here for a long time (he is japanese), but I don't know any of the hawaiian's in Boston, I'm not really integrated into the hawaiian culture or community that well, I pretty much just live here. what is the name of the guy you know who likes ringo? chances are I probably know them...do you have facebook?
Sorry I don't know his name, my hawaiin roomate had a lot of friends visit from Hawaii or other parts of Boston (biggest fag hag in all hawaii. great girl though....is fag had offensive?). Some of her friends were really cool and one liked Ringo but I can't remember his name.

You are probably better off not getting involved with that scene, some of them have a concept of uchi-soto is 10 times stronger than that of Japanese people and they can be REALLY rude to people they think are on the outside. When they get together (like every day), they just talk about how they want to be back in Hawaii and how much people suck everywhere else. And they bastardize everything about Japanese culture and use it to feel high and mighty and cultural (too bad they dont even know whats what when they actually go to Japan 'Huh....butter mochi isn't japanese? Where can I find the shoyuu chicken!? This Tonkatsu isn't greasy enough!!!').

I am of course only talking bad about the most obnoxious ones (like the guy who wouldn't let me eat the food at a party my roomate invited me to because I wasn't in the Hawaiin club...cause I'm not Hawaiin. or the one who thought he spoke more Japanese than me and said Irrashaimase when he walked in the front door....ooops). Most of my roomates friends however were really cool or really gay and usually both.

Yeah I have facebook, I just posted a link in 2 or 3 threads making it very easy to find my facebook...as if it isn't easy enough as it is.
Old 2009.11.25, 10:22 PM   #473
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

LOL don't even get my started on Japanese culture in Hawai'i. I mean, it doesn't help that I went from living in Japan for a few years straight to Honolulu, and then add the fact that Japanese lang/lit was my undergraduate major and my boyfriend is born and raised shinjuku Japanese, it makes for some pretty hilarious conversions while we are out and about.

yeah, you end up seeing things like butter mochi...and basically every other bastardization of mochi you could ever imagine, its amazingly nasty. the weird thing is the japanese food in japan is vastly inferior but all the locals love it, either because they just don't know what is good or because its been americanized or whatever. butter mochi is a good example. but the amount of racist bullshit I have to put up for living here and being haole (white) drives me insane. and by a bunch of wannabe Americanized japanophiles no less (just cuz your japanese-american doesn't mean you can't be a japanophile). I'm like you guys are so NOT japanese it isn't funny so if I'm going to put up with this racist bullshit I might as well just go back to Japan where at least there is a clear differentiation.

also, Hawaii has the worst drivers in all of the United States, EASILY, and this is coming from someone who drove through downtown Boston every day for two years.
Old 2009.11.27, 05:38 AM   #474
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_Hk8HePKw

music station today. anyone posted this?
Old 2009.11.27, 07:11 AM   #475
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Thanks papil, I don't think it was posted yet.

I forgot that they don't actually perform on Music Station. :[ When are they scheduled to show up on another show?
Old 2009.11.27, 07:47 AM   #476
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks as always, papi. And yeah, I guess we'll have to wait till Countdown to see them perform it, so there's no impressions that I can make, really -- except that I think her voice is horrible here.

I really liked her Spa and Treatment and SOTC vocals, so I wonder what's up...her voice has changed again? Bad day? Is it really a coin flip nowadays? She sounded bad for most of SONGS, but Tsumi to Batsu had good vocals.

Superficial bullet points, since there's nothing else really to comment on:

- Ringo actually looks like Ringo again. I always thought that Ringo had a kind of 'wild' look about her, which disappeared during her...recent look. I can see the tiger in her face again!
- Native American Uki. Does anyone find it *hilarious* how Uki is more animated here and they're not even playing? Hata and Izawa, especially the latter, look extremely bored
- The timer was VERY cool

And lazer, I haven't even gotten my ticket yet (Waiting for Feb). You live in Japan -- get off your ass and get one! I have to jump through hoops in order to purchase mine where I live.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.11.27 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2009.11.27, 08:07 AM   #477
Mr Sands

Mr Sands is headed in the right direction

That's a nice stage they've got going on there!
Old 2009.11.27, 08:26 AM   #478
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUOzsDBZ9TA

talk included. She ate 'soba' before the performance!
Old 2009.11.27, 08:44 AM   #479
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Thanks.

So I guess it was just variety-show banter, and obligatory promotional appearance. Jihen seem disinterested for the most part. I'm waiting for the January issues of the magazines in which they actually talk about music... wait, shouldn't we have had a 3min single interview by now?
Old 2009.11.27, 09:09 AM   #480
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

"When I'm gone take your generator, shock?"

Whhhhhat.
I like SR's haircut