Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.11.27, 09:21 AM   #481
papilionidae

papilionidae deserves a fucking medal

^ It MUST be a (new) wig XD
Old 2009.11.27, 09:43 AM   #482
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Thanks, papi!! Her voice sounds pretty bah, heh?
Old 2009.11.27, 09:56 AM   #483
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Playback in the end
Old 2009.11.27, 10:17 AM   #484
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

she did a nice save on the "brother get it on" vocal run. The goat voice almost busted out the gate.
Old 2009.11.27, 11:11 AM   #485
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

This new song doesn't remind me of Adult at all. I've been trying to listen to Adult again, but I can never make it all the way through. With a couple of exceptions, Adult is so bland and lifeless. It sounds so sterile and tries too hard to sound sophisticated. Noudouteki Sanbunkan isn't the greatest song in the world, but it does have a spark that most Phase 2 songs are lacking.
Old 2009.11.27, 11:56 AM   #486
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I've found a new appreciation for Adult. Himitsu and its arrangement is perfect, Kentou Naoshi is OK but too long, although the electronic bit at the end has to be in my 'top moments in a SR song'. While Yukigini is a bit 'hur hur KZK hur hur' I like her witchy vocals and the transition to Kabuki. The only real dud is Toumei Ningen, but I don't remember the melody for a handful of songs, and so the album's a bit forgettable IMO

There is one thing I adore about this Adult, though: the atmosphere it emits. Unlike others, I don't simply see it as 'laid back lounge SR/TJ' -- it actually reminds me of industrialised districts/modern buildings at night (Hey, Blackout!)

3min is a song that I just simply 'like', nothing more, nothing less, which is kind of annoying me. I want them to go all-out for Frustration. Like Tegami, or Appa's crazy songs. Or an evolved Sake to Geko. I'd like that.
Old 2009.11.27, 01:56 PM   #487
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
There is one thing I adore about this Adult, though: the atmosphere it emits. Unlike others, I don't simply see it as 'laid back lounge SR/TJ' -- it actually reminds me of industrialised districts/modern buildings at night (Hey, Blackout!)
I also get this too, makes me think of neon lit airports, modern urban areas etc
Old 2009.11.27, 03:46 PM   #488
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Interestingly the song is going down very well at GAF with both fans and noobs. Not the song I'd choose to introduce the band with, but if it works it works I guess.
Old 2009.11.27, 04:07 PM   #489
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I feel that image only holds true for Himitsu. I get the image of an old saloon from Tasogare Naki while I get the image of a fake beach in a cheap television studio from Keshou Naoshi. The only really great tracks on Adult are Himitsu and Tasogare Naki. Shuraba was better on the single than the album.

The best part of this single is Hata. He's back to his former glory since Ringo wrote this. Izawa and Uki seriously don't know how to properly utilize his skills.
Old 2009.11.27, 04:54 PM   #490
s3r3nity

s3r3nity is an asset to this community

The look on the face she has at the end of the performance makes me feel so uncomfortable. I know it's probably part of the act, but I hate it when musicians don't look happy after they perform. Makes me feel like they don't enjoy it, and then I can't either.

I do like her haircut/style/wig/whatever, and those pants were ridiculous!

Her voice... :/ I don't know. It almost seemed like she forgot the notes she was supposed to sing or something. I love the "Come back to life and be high" in the beginning though, she sang it well and she had a great expression on her face. I guess I can't expect her to be perfect, but I'm used to hearing her live vocals sound much nicer. Maybe she'll do better with her band backing her up.

She looks so beautiful in this vid though. I'd rather her look worse and sing better, but at least there was some eye candy during the less bearable moments.