Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2011.12.09, 07:13 PM   #31
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Just watched this again, the second time ever. It's a nice watch, but I'm also always a bit miffy about these kind of releases. What I mean is, they're the kind of release that allow some of the more wanky/self important 'old school' fans to pretend that this 'iz da shit'/use it against 'nu' fans spouting stuff about 'see, girl powa!'. When clearly, it's nothing more than a nice curiosity that you definately wouldn't watch on a regular basis. It's very much like old Converge/Opeth releases, people claiming they were 'way more hardcore back then', when really, they were quite shitty.

And no I don't direct to anyone in particular, I guess if you feel it's towards you then you are guilty of it :-p It's just the general feel when I come across these kind of releases of a band that now has established into something the old fans no longer like. And don't get me wrong, I think this is a solid release, well worth grabbing if you're super serious about Ringo, but not one of the absolute essentials.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2011.12.09 at 07:27 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote