Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.08.20, 01:24 PM   #11
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Unfortunately not. It's the same audio as the bonus CCCD (Copy-Controlled CD), and the PV on Seiteki Healing Vol. 3. The difference between the locked video and the official PV is that the locked video was available 3 months earlier, and the visuals are somewhat... incomplete. The only other means to get Ichijiku no Hana was from the KSK vinyl released on the same day. They didn't exactly make it easy to get that song on your computer.

Even after Stem, KSK, and Ringo no Uta were re-released as non-Copy-Controlled CDs, I believe the bonus disc for Baishou Ecstasy is still Copy-Controlled. But I suppose with the recent compilation, it doesn't matter anymore.
Old 2008.08.20, 01:29 PM   #12
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah, the fact that the song wasn't so easily accessible is still a wonder to me, mainly because it's very good. But I suppose it is because it talks/shows a lot about Ringo's personality and such, so she didn't really want that song very exposed.
However, I really wonder how many people have the KSK vynil (and some who might have, may not have the means to play it), which probably made the song more obscure than "not very exposed".
But well, Seiteki Healing 3 solves the problem
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.20, 02:38 PM   #13
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Giving credit where it's due though, the demo version of Koko de Kiss Shite. is total win. You could hate the rest of the DVD, but still love that part. I used to be annoyed with Koko de Kiss Shite., like to me it was the most overplayable song of her career, and the Dynamite version didn't really give me that much more respect for it. But somehow the demo version on this DVD really opened my eyes, and now I'm not so annoyed by the single/album version anymore.

Part of what really sold me on this song, was seeing her youthful enthusiasm in the performance. The original video quality is already bad enough, so YouTube and other forms or recompression are not recommended for first-time viewing. You have to watch the actual DVD, and late at night. It's enough to make me wish there were videos for her other demos, ones for compositions that never made it to CD, though this Koko de Kiss Shite performance tacked on as a bonus with Baishou Ecstasy, is not the same performance as the bootleg MP3 floating around. I actually like this piano solo version better.
Old 2008.08.21, 01:28 AM   #14
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I already watched the entire performance in YouTube and it made me want to have the DVD, actually (but I didn't saw the Koko de video). But most people here don't particulary like this release, so I don't prioritize it in my buyings.
After all, there are so many (more) important things to buy first, mainly Electric Mole, MM, UM, Kyoiku and Adult. After that I'll probably start grabbing more concerts like Gekokujyou and then Baishou Xtasy.
Talking about that... September 17 seems so far away ._.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.09, 07:38 PM   #15
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Giving credit where it's due though, the demo version of Koko de Kiss Shite. is total win.
Sorry to bring up a 3 year old post but I was just about to write this myself here. It's the best thing on the whole disc, (that and Ichijuku no Hana CD of course).

Also, doesn't everyone just LOVE the artwork on the CD?!!! I certainly do!
Old 2011.12.09, 08:20 PM   #16
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

The best thing on the disc is that staircase. Scary as shit (for me), because I can never remember how many floors it is to the bottom.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote