Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.04.17, 02:41 AM   #1
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction
Default If phase 3 was all girls...

Yea yea I know phase 3 was not talked about or even a reality, but still. I heard some talk in another thread about having a female bassist instead of kameda, and we discuss how hot she was and not how gay kameda was lol. Then I started think man jihen would really be cool if it was all girls. So I came up with a whole new cast of ladies (that in my opinion) would blow both previous phases out of the water. (The only problem is some play experimental music while other's play more conventional, not sure how it would mix, but on paper...) So anyways, I am asking you guys (or ladies) if you had a new female line up fore phase 3, what would it be?

Boku no...
singer: ringo-hime (could you have it anyother way?)
piano: hiromi uehara (solo jazz artist that is japanese, but plays in both america and japan)
guitarist: Tabuchi Hisako
bassist: tsubasa (the one they were talking about, I guess she played with asai kenichi...)
drums: yuko (most noticably from the cornelious group)

If you never heard of some these ladies, just tell me, I will get you some youtubage.

Now to me this band could rawk out with their (figurative) cawks out... If you disagree tell why, and lets hear your new phase 3.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?

Last edited by jigenbakuda : 2008.04.17 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added tsubasa's name
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.17, 05:15 AM   #2
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

NO...TOKIE SHOULD BE THE BASSIST...She would rock TJ as how she is doing with Losalios!

By the way...I doubt there will be catfight if we are to put up a phase 3 TJ with all XXs
Old 2008.04.17, 05:58 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

and Tabuchi should be the guitarist
I think there are more people who agree with me
XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.17, 06:43 AM   #4
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

My inner grammar police is kicking in.

Title should be "If phase 3 were all girls..."
Subjunctive mood should be used here because the "if" in the title indicates a possibility and not a reality.

As for the new band line-up, I don't really care if it's gonna be all guys, all girls, or transgender etc. As long as the new members, if any, play better than *you-know-who*. Bonus points for actually being sexy, hot and good-looking.
Old 2008.04.17, 06:54 AM   #5
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Wrong guitarist Jigen. As Lena said, everyone knows Tabuchi Hisako is the official "phase 3" guitarist.

Would Keiko Matsui ever play for Shiina? People say they like jazz afterall
EDIT: FUCK THAT. Uehara is hard core.

Grammar note: "phase 3" is a singular noun (even if collective in connotation) so it conjugates as singular, i believe.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2008.04.17 at 10:23 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.17, 07:36 AM   #6
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

I think one of factor what makes SR looks cool is
the fact she takes leadership of guys.

"All girls band" is old fashioned idea.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.17, 07:37 AM   #7
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

Even so (phase 3 being singular), you'd still use "were" (e.g. "If Nancy were still alive I wouldn't be so backed up" or "If Dustin were to slap me across the face I honestly wouldn't take too much offense") because these are situations that could be but aren't.

Back on topic: If Ringo, Tabuchi and Hata were to murderball Uki and form a new super trio of love, perfection and general awesomeness, I'd dance a sprightly naked jig on the wooden leg of Heather Mills.
Old 2008.04.17, 07:41 AM   #8
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by baboo View Post
NO...TOKIE SHOULD BE THE BASSIST...She would rock TJ as how she is doing with Losalios!
Tokie was great in Ajico and all, but she's almost as boring as Uki to watch. Doesn't she only play an upright bass as well?
Old 2008.04.17, 09:07 AM   #9
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

How would they photograph? All smiling faces? "V" signs? "Girls' Night Out" portraitures? Fashionistas? Lolling around on the beach, licking ice cream cones? And would Shiina be the den-mother type? Or would she regress 10 years to fit the bubble-girl image?

Visually, I'm not into all-girl Jihen. You've got one woman in a group of guys and already it's an "adult" entertainment, especially since historically she most definitely banged part of the band.

Musically though, I'd be totally into a Gokuritsu Japon / Zecchousuu redux.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.17, 09:17 AM   #10
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
...especially since historically she most definitely banged part of the band.
I'm thinking there's no one in Phase 2 that's remotely bang-able.

Maybe that's why the songs came out kinda... suckie.