Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2011.12.09, 07:06 AM   #11
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by LoBFCanti View Post
I truly can't say I have a reliable source, but I read it on a forum and then went to investigate only finding a wikipedia mention of the same proportion.
Link to that wikipedia mention?
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.11, 02:26 PM   #12
LoBFCanti

LoBFCanti is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Link to that wikipedia mention?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayonaka_wa_Junketsu

"Mayonaka wa Junketsu" was to have been collected to her third album "Kalk Samen Kuri no Hana" with "Aisaika no Choushoku". However, she judged that they weren’t suitable for the view of the world of the album while she was producing that, and she shelved the adoption of the two songs for the album.
LoBFCanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.11, 03:06 PM   #13
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, but that doesn't mention the songs being re-worked at all. In fact, I don't think Ringo ever planned to re-arrange them. Just add them to the album.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.12.12, 08:31 PM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

That's true. It doesn't indicate that there was a recording at all. I don't think there was.

Original Japanese from corresponding wiki article:

ちなみに、表題曲「真夜中は純潔」は、三枚目のアルバム『加爾基 精液 栗ノ花』に「愛妻家の朝食」と共に収録される予定であったが、製作中に世界観が合わないと判断され、収録が見送られた。そのために、長らくアルバムには収録されていなかったが、デビュー10周年企画の第3弾として2008年11月25日に発売された『MoRA』の『勝訴ストリップ』にボーナス・トラックとして収録された。
Says the two songs were planned to be included/recorded (the word is the same--it's up to context whether it means "recorded" or "included on the track list"), but didn't fit the worldview, so the recording/inclusion on tracklist was "shelved" (word means "to wait and see," "to let pass," "to see off/out"). Because of that, they hadn't been included/recorded on an album until MoRA when as Shouso Strip bonus tracks. So the wording is a little vague in Japanese but it does sound like nothing was ever recorded. I believe they would have decided "nope, doesn't fit the worldview" before reaching the final recording stage; it would have involved too much trouble otherwise. I also think if the songs really had been recorded KSK-style, we would have gotten them as a release somehow by now--they know how much the fans would love something like that. At the very least, as a live performance. This isn't something they would sit on if they had it. But I think they considered it, started to re-arrange it, decided no, and never recorded a new version.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote