Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.08.13, 09:07 AM   #21
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

I'm excited for the new material. And for those who can't read Japanese, I believe this confirms new songs besides NIPPON on the tour. Right? But whether/where/how they will be released...
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.03, 02:57 AM   #22
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

I know there were rumors of an album coming out in November. There was that Chinese website that seemed to know when some of her other stuff was coming out this year before it was announced. Now they've posted a rumored title for the album, 日出処.

I'm not sure how it's pronounced because it looks like a two words combined ("sunrise" or "sun" and "birthplace").

The site also says it's 3 volumes, but I'm not sure if that means a 3-disc thing or 3 different SKUs.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3271318191

Anyone else have any info on this?
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.03, 03:21 AM   #23
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Cool. Sounds legit. I would buy it.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.03, 03:24 AM   #24
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

I wonder if the 3 volume/3 versions thing will be something like CD Only, CD+DVD, CD+Blu-ray.

She's got plenty enough videos for a Seiteki Healing Volume 5.

Edit: Better translation of the album title: hiizuru tokoro "Land of the Rising Sun"

Last edited by mrnarse : 2014.09.03 at 04:23 AM.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.03, 07:12 AM   #25
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts
Thumbs up

The portmanteau wordplay thing is definitely Ringo-esque, in any case. The title also ties in directly with NIPPON. I really hope we get a new album soon!
Old 2014.09.03, 09:32 AM   #26
anonlurker

I'd be surprised if we saw a new album this year, doesn't feel like anything has been happening with her in that regard. Still hopeful that the summer concert will come out on Blu-ray with better sound.
Old 2014.09.03, 10:06 AM   #27
kalmia

kalmia is an asset to this community

There hasn't been much information yet, but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see a new album so soon. There's quite a bit of material that we have heard that hasn't been released and we will hear even more when the arena tour begins. In all actuality, this tour will probably promote the hell out of the album. I can only hope she'll still be active next year when I'm in Japan. Fingers crossed.
kalmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.03, 01:26 PM   #28
anonlurker

Might end up with the new material being given away with the Blu-ray like the bonus CD that came with the Tou Taikai Heisei show?

Then again, those tracks in studio form might form the basis of a new record.
Old 2014.09.03, 05:24 PM   #29
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by anonlurker View Post
I'd be surprised if we saw a new album this year, doesn't feel like anything has been happening with her in that regard. Still hopeful that the summer concert will come out on Blu-ray with better sound.
You never know. Artists work behind closed doors on new material all the time and spring up the news when they see fit. She's been quite active with tours, the self-covers album and the Nippon single, so it's very possible.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.09.14, 10:09 PM   #30
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Assuming price isn't a real issue, how realistic is it to get tickets for the Saitama or Osaka show from a ticket reseller?

e.g. Flying in cold, and going to a physical resale store to get a ticket. Negotiating online auctions is far too stressful =p
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote