Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Associated Artists
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Associated Artists Hirama, H ZETT M, PE'Z, appa, Petrolz, etc.

Old 2008.12.20, 03:50 AM   #141
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

The opposite is also valid. Some artists accept going abroad to play without receiving anything (appart from plane tickets, hotel and food, I mean), just to be seen by the japanese fans as "international level" band.
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.22, 12:44 AM   #142
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

A number of Japanese artists still seem to have the mindset that if they can have successful concerts abroad then they have "made it to another level". Not sure exactly what that means except that it's a status symbol in a band's career. I heard it from a Japanese musician I worked with who toured the UK. But he just liked playing abroad anyway because he had family in the UK and it was pretty easy for him to organise gigs etc.

Oh Migoto, I love your signed Bunmei CD, awesome. My friend managed to get Mikio to sign a guitar pick he used for me before he signed and played her acoustic guitar. I think he's terribly pleased and surprised to find people who like his solo music outside of Japan. It was also cool to hear from someone "those MONORAL songs don't have much solo guitar, but Mikio owns all over them when he plays, have you ever noticed that great tone he has?" I take that as a compliment for Hirama. I don't believe any of my friends group mentioned TJ but one of them swears he gave her a big smile when he noticed her whistling Sounan at the airport. She says she didn't even realise she was whistling it until she noticed Mikio looking back at her *lol*
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.25, 04:18 PM   #143
Tisheena V. Manzana

Tisheena V. Manzana pleased at least somebody

oh migoto, that's so cool n___n

I saw Hirama too (here in argentina) , he was soo cute. and yeah he is very shy with people. I keep on shouting his name and I think he didn't expect much of that stuff.
I got his salute on video (he waved his hand at me) i will upload it then n__n but I couldn't get his guitar pick T___T
a friend of mine when to see monoral in person after the concert, I still don't know if she got me the sign *_* I wish she did!!!
aw

i was soo close

I wish Ringo come too. kinda like an imposible dream
Tisheena V. Manzana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.25, 05:32 PM   #144
Migoto

Migoto is headed in the right direction

That's pretty close!
I hope you got managed to get the sign! ^^

I hope Ringo comes too, someday. Never lose hope! XD
Migoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.25, 05:55 PM   #145
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

That's such an awesome picture! to be that close to Micky would be so amazing.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.26, 12:33 AM   #146
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

His hair...
Old 2008.12.26, 03:13 AM   #147
Shoujo Robot

Shoujo Robot pleased at least somebody
Smile

I saw him in Argentina with Monoral. I was in front of the other side of the stage but I managed to get him to see me. I wrote a banner with his name and the singer saw me and told Hirama that I was there. He gave me that "Hirama big grin". Then he waved me a V sign after a while and then a third time. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately the photos my brother had taken for me are a bit blurry.
Then at the end of the event I got him to sign me some piece of paper (in romaji) and we spoke a few words and shook hands.
He is a really nice person and I hope to meet him again, and that time talk a little more
Shoujo Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.26, 04:45 AM   #148
Tisheena V. Manzana

Tisheena V. Manzana pleased at least somebody

haha I love his haird
Originally Posted by Shoujo Robot View Post
I saw him in Argentina with Monoral. I was in front of the other side of the stage but I managed to get him to see me. I wrote a banner with his name and the singer saw me and told Hirama that I was there. He gave me that "Hirama big grin". Then he waved me a V sign after a while and then a third time. I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately the photos my brother had taken for me are a bit blurry.
Then at the end of the event I got him to sign me some piece of paper (in romaji) and we spoke a few words and shook hands.
He is a really nice person and I hope to meet him again, and that time talk a little more
so you were the other hirama fan that was at the event, I saw that hirama big grin n__n so cute
waaaaaa you got a sign and you spoke to him ? yay!!! They said that they will be back.. who knows

i'm happy to know that i'm not the only one that went to that concert just because of Hirama n_n nice to meet you!!

about to sing ~
Tisheena V. Manzana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.26, 09:34 AM   #149
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Noted: Gibson SG -> Marshall JCM 900

Not a fan of the setup, but did it still have that Hirama sound I love so much?

I would have gone even more nuts at the SR show if I had known his hair was long again...
Old 2008.12.26, 11:48 PM   #150
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

well I'm thinking yes to that tone still being there, to a certain extent since people who had never heard Hirama were saying he had a unique tone and then picked it up again when I was all over them insisting they listened to TJ and his solo stuff after.

He's had that SG for a while whilst playing with MONORAL, since summer. I still think he will be playing his psychederhythm on his own recordings though perhaps?. A workfriend of mine is seeing him play his series of solo shows when he is supporting ROBOTS soon, so I'm going to ask what set up he has in Japan now, cos I'm not sure if he would of either dragged his Orange gear around South America or specifically requested for similar equipment at the gigs there.

Yeah the hair, his fear of being mistaken for a woman seems to have disappeared and been replaced with remembering how awesome he looks with it all long and lovely.
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote