Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.03.01, 09:07 PM   #21
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

No need to assume collagen from one video, since there's a ton of products readily available on the market to give the "bee stung" effect.

Just look:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/sectio...egoryId=C12060
Plenty!
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 09:10 PM   #22
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

welcome back, kuro!!!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 09:11 PM   #23
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

not from one vid -- every vid since Osca.

Thats probly more likely then, zarya. And she needs to fuckin stop using that shit, cuz it looks gross.

Now can we talk about my second edit?? Since i made the edit, I couldn't give a crap about the lips anymore =p
Old 2008.03.01, 09:13 PM   #24
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Never underestimate the power of beauty ads.

Here in L.A. the radio is jammed pack with ads for hair plugs, breast augmentation, collagen injections, liposuction, restorative surgery....hell, they'll add on an extra limb if that's what's "hawt" in hollywood these days.

Ironic that the "beauty capital of the world" is also the place where constant sun exposure will turn your skin into cheap leather.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 09:50 PM   #25
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

My next-door neighbor, who was 47 at the time, got a boob job (oh, sorry, "breast augmentation") after her husband of 19 years died of cancer. She got the whole kit and kaboodle: not just bigger, but higher up and rounder and smoother and topped off with perkier jewels.

One day my nosy sister Kelly asked her "Why'd you get plastic surgery?" and she responded with "After [my husband] died, I just felt empty, like I had no life; I felt like I had to do something, and this was just someplace to start."

I'm not suggesting that Ringo has even had work done, but I think plastic surgery is usually a compensation for feelings of inadequacy or low self-esteem (obviously when it's not performed to correct a severe deformation like a cleft lip).

If she has had work done, it's because she feels like her work will never reach the greatness of SS or KZK or even Adult and she's decided to schedule her midlife crisis a little earlier than usual for some inspiration. The plastic surgery is always a necessary step in the midlife crisis of anyone (with money).

EDIT: Don't take anything I type too seriously. I'm like Jesus and might type strange or (dare I type) radical things unintentionally.

Last edited by Cosmo! : 2008.03.02 at 08:01 AM.
Cosmo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 10:42 PM   #26
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Cosmo! View Post
If she has had work done, it's because she feels like her work will never reach the greatness of SS or KZK or even Adult and she's decided to schedule her midlife crisis a little earlier than usual for some inspiration. The plastic surgery is always a necessary step in the midlife crisis of anyone (with money).
I hope this is a joke....
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 11:01 PM   #27
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

take all of these things into consideration

her surgery as a child
asymmetric shoulders
The beloved miracle mole which she thought was ugly
she became a mom kinda young (since SS/ZCS)
society misconception that 30 is over-the-hill for a female entertainer
random yellings of "KaWaIi!" during concerts making her image conscious
she has our money, and shes going to spend it on something
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 11:23 PM   #28
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Whoa! Lets add an "I think" in there and not talk like this is proven fact. These are all our speculations here; none of us are actually inside Ringo's mind. Even her behavior, which is what we are analyzing, can be misleading us.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.02, 07:59 AM   #29
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

I thought it was ridiculous enough to not be taken seriously at all, but I guess I was wrong (as totally not usual). I'll pencil in a dreaded "IMO" or something.
Old 2008.03.02, 08:27 AM   #30
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

I thought it was ridiculous enough to not be taken seriously at all, but I guess I was wrong (as totally not usual). I'll pencil in a dreaded "IMO" or something.
I thought it was probably a joke, but sometimes people's opinions on this board are so completely opposite of my own that I couldn't be sure!
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote