Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2010.01.16, 09:34 AM   #241
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
And as for fukushuu, that song makes me want to throw my mp3 player in the toilet. Everything about it just screams 'WORST RINGO SONG EVER (HANDS DOWN!)'. I dont know what is wrong with you guys. Ringo didnt write that, 3 doors down did and somehow she was hypnotized into recording and releasing it as her own. i consider deleting it every time it pops up but I would really hate to have my favorite artists album incomplete in my player. It makes superstar (my least favorite ringo song, since we already established that fukushuu is actually a disturbed song) sound incredible......
Finally, someone who gets it! "Fukushuu" really is the worst.
Old 2010.01.16, 10:09 AM   #242
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by BanFan View Post
Finally, someone who gets it! "Fukushuu" really is the worst.
I second (third?) this. I hate that song, never got the love ._. I hate Supasta as well...
Old 2010.01.16, 10:29 AM   #243
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I second (third?) this. I hate that song, never got the love ._. I hate Supasta as well...
Superstar is pretty generic, but Fukushuu is just embarrassing and forced. It sounds like something an angsty teen might enjoy...10 years ago. I remember when Variety first came out, some people were naming it as a standout track.
Old 2010.01.16, 10:37 AM   #244
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

The only standout track on Variety is Killer Tune and it still pales in comparison to even the middle-tier tracks on Kyouiku and Adult. Fukushuu is a poor song, but still not as bad as BB Queen or Toumei Ningen (Adult ver).
Old 2010.01.16, 10:40 AM   #245
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
The only standout track on Variety is Killer Tune and it still pales in comparison to even the middle-tier tracks on Kyouiku and Adult. Fukushuu is a poor song, but still not as bad as BB Queen or Toumei Ningen (Adult ver).
I agree with you about Killer Tune being the standout track, at least.
Old 2010.01.16, 10:56 AM   #246
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Mine is OSCA, tho.
Old 2010.01.16, 11:02 AM   #247
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Tsuchiya View Post
Superstar is pretty generic, but Fukushuu is just embarrassing and forced. It sounds like something an angsty teen might enjoy...
Yeah, it reminds me of My Chemical Romance or something along those lines. 'Are you afraid to close your eyes', etc. Actually, it reminded me of that one rock song that fsking LIL WAYNE came out with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTurfn7vvCk (Okay so Fukushuu is a little catchier...)

I admit, did enjoy the Spa and Treatment performance -- particularly the bit where she sings 'It's beauuuutiful...ooooh!'

And I hear that Ukigumo's FOUL sounds like Fukushuu. She used the megaphone for this song in Countdown Japan.

The best Variety song is Sake to Geko. Metro is solid, but got old.

I do think we can get better from Uki and Izawa (Especially the latter), considering that the Variety songs were allegedly pulled from hundreds of old demos. This time, they wrote music *especially* for this album.

I just want to sit down with Shiina and ask her about her music-making decisions in the last few years. I hope someone can translate the upcoming magazine interviews.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2010.01.16 at 11:06 AM.
Old 2010.01.16, 11:50 AM   #248
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I still prefer Variety over Adult... don't get me wrong, Adult is an awesome album, but some songs just felt like some sort of tests to make the change from phase 1 to phase 2 work... and I'm pretty sure they were.

PS: I like Fukushuu =P
Old 2010.01.16, 02:16 PM   #249
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I also hate Fukushuu. Learning that it wasn't her song comforts me. I've never understood how it was one of Jihad's favorites. If he's still lurking about he's probably dying to chime in here.
Old 2010.01.16, 02:48 PM   #250
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

fukushuu is a horrendously bad song and easily the worst entry on Variety. I never understand why Izawa gets all the hate for that era, because the majority of the horrendous songs on the album belong to Uki. I also think the fact that no one on this board likes Sake to Geko is insane, then again, you have to hear that song in a plane of altered consciousness (read: stoned) to enjoy it to its fullest.

random: I bought a countdown japan 09/10 shirt, a ringo expo shirt, and the Adult era Silver Pick necklace (white) from kronekodow. I have two Kyoiku-era Jihen shirts and one Jihen shirt from last summer that are way too small for me, the Kyoiku stuff has been worn once, the recent shirt maybe 3 times, but they all are tiiiiinnnyyyy on me so I don't bother trying to squeeze in. I'm thinking of selling them, I will probably take pictures and post a new thread when I get back to boston and have access to them later this week, but I just thought I'd put it out there, these are the three I have:

the blue strip one is a Medium and the other two are both mediums. I'm too tall for the first too (exposed mid-driffs on men = fail) and to bulky for the last one.
Closed Thread