Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.22, 05:19 PM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
I had a difficult time including this song as a part of HF. I had listened to the single on its own (and watched the music video) enough that KNYK registered in my mind as an entity in and of itself. Sticking it on the end of the album seemed like a weird choice...but that's just me.
Really? I definately agree that the song is strong enough on it's own but I do not feel it was just "sticked" at the end of the album. I love it when an album ends strongly and I feel this song definately finished strong.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.22, 05:22 PM   #12
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Sorry..."stuck" is the wrong word. I was just saying that, in my own mind, I had listened to KNYK enough before HF came out that it felt weird having it in any other place than the beginning of its own single. Hopefully that makes more sense...
Old 2007.04.22, 05:25 PM   #13
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Sorry..."stuck" is the wrong word. I was just saying that, in my own mind, I had listened to KNYK enough before HF came out that it felt weird having it in any other place than the beginning of its own single. Hopefully that makes more sense...
Yea it does make more sense, I see what you mean. While I was making some SR playlists, whenever I thought of putting that song in, it would either be in the beginning or the end. So i guess it's interesting that you mention how you think it goes so well in the beginning
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 08:34 AM   #14
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I had a difficult time including this song as a part of HF. I had listened to the single on its own (and watched the music video) enough that KNYK registered in my mind as an entity in and of itself. Sticking it on the end of the album seemed like a weird choice...but that's just me.
I feel the exact same way. Especially because all the other songs on the album are either originals or redone versions of other songs--after all that, I'm expecting something that DOESN'T sound familiar to me. And this is jarringly familiar. I want there to be something different about it, but it's the same. It's very weird in its placement.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.23, 06:39 PM   #15
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^Exactly, frecklegirl. Thanks for making that a little easier to understand...