Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.07.07, 10:43 AM   #11
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Well if it's any consolation to you, a few of my Obi's from my opened Shiina singles went a bit wobbly cause I left then near a hot scanner :/
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.13, 06:29 PM   #12
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread other than Aozora is one of my all-time favorite Ringo tracks. every time I listen to it, I imagine a warm summer evening down by the river with the cicadas buzzing. that's the stuff of dreams, right there.
Old 2009.11.04, 02:58 PM   #13
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

^ thats pretty similar to the idea I get from it

---
edit I was at karaoke today , and I saw that Rinne highlight is displayed in japanese and not in english. I was totally confused for a second and thought It was the wrong song. anyone know anything about this?

sorry if it was addressed already ...
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.04, 11:36 PM   #14
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by makenshiww View Post
^ thats pretty similar to the idea I get from it

---
edit I was at karaoke today , and I saw that Rinne highlight is displayed in japanese and not in english. I was totally confused for a second and thought It was the wrong song. anyone know anything about this?

sorry if it was addressed already ...
rinne highlight's title is in japanese and katakana. I'm not sure why it would be in english, but as has been discussed before, the lyrics are a partial cover of a song by Susanna Hoffs, No Kind of Love, which Ringo took sole credit for and utilized katakana and alternate writing systems with when printing the music to get around copyright infringement. it is possible she was denied permission to cover the song? or perhaps her label refused to pay the royalties? either way Ringo pretty much straight up took the lyrics.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.05, 10:26 AM   #15
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

OH crap!
Because. the lyrics for the song were soo not what I was singing. And I was totally confused.

Hm thats the only song Ringo has done that for right?
what a thief! but its smart , and its cute. I don't know how I never noticed it to begin with
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.05, 11:37 AM   #16
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

See thread "Shiina Ringo: plagiarizer extraordinare" or something like that.

The sheer cheek of her. What's next? Her stealing a Petrolz song and passing it off as a Tokyo Incidents A-Side?

The nerve of it all >___________>
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.15, 08:02 AM   #17
zyoeru

zyoeru pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
rinne highlight's title is in japanese and katakana. I'm not sure why it would be in english, but as has been discussed before, the lyrics are a partial cover of a song by Susanna Hoffs, No Kind of Love, which Ringo took sole credit for and utilized katakana and alternate writing systems with when printing the music to get around copyright infringement. it is possible she was denied permission to cover the song? or perhaps her label refused to pay the royalties? either way Ringo pretty much straight up took the lyrics.
That's pretty much made my day.
zyoeru is offline   Reply With Quote