Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2008.05.17, 09:58 AM   #11
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I'm not a "lyrics guy" but I'm sure saying "Fuck off, G-man" is nothing personal. Just "the character" in the song/cool thing to say.
Old 2008.05.17, 11:37 AM   #12
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

G-Men could also refer to the magazine "G-Men" which is a Japanese publication for gay men.

http://www.gproject.com/store/

Actually, the "G-men" term as referring to GIs may be too postwar-historical, so now I'm leaning towards the gay-mag figure. It's the "fuck off" that made me assume the character was speaking to Americans, but this particular Ringo persona may just be having fun saying the same thing to gay Japanese coverboys.

"G-men" also refers to FBI agents, but that's more of an American slang.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.17, 12:19 PM   #13
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Yeah Shiina's not one for the obscure or historical.

I find it unlikely Shiina is talking about a gay magazine. "G-men" referred to GI/Gov. officials isn't such an exclusive saying. Its a western thing, and its not like Shiina doesn't have western influences.

NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side. Unless sex toys and provocative pictures of men are ok in your workplace. Then go all out
Old 2008.05.18, 10:03 AM   #14
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side.
People on this forum have jobs? Whoa!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.18, 01:06 PM   #15
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
NIMH Rats link is a shade on the NSFW side.
Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
People on this forum have jobs? Whoa!
I've had the same fulltime job for the past 2½ years. My multitasking and my wages have been steadily expanding. I've never been to college.

I check the boards at least once per hour, while I'm at work. Maybe dish out one long post per workshift, depending upon how much backlog I'm dealing with. But I mostly just lurk when I'm at work. During the Ringo Jihen days, most of my posts were from when I was at work, but I didn't have as many responsibilities back then.
Old 2008.06.13, 12:14 AM   #16
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Just to let you know that Zecchoushuu is no longer available at Yesasia anymore I tried them and they said it's out of print.. nobody seems to have a copy now which is annoying as I really wanted it! are there any U.K members here who would be willing to sell me their copy ? I'll pay a good price for it.. or I could swap you my (off topic artist) Pillows 'Lostmen Go To The Past' Boxset ?

sorry if you are not allowed to offer trades or the like but I am really hoping to get it somehow and I cannot use shopping Mall Japan so this is my last hope!!

P.S on a separate note a big thank you to Frecklegirl for her great lyrics site I have all her Ringo lyrics on my iPod which is a great 'shut-upper' to people who say that you do not understand what they are saying! well after 2 clicks on the center wheel they see the translations and are a little quieter about it!..so thank you.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.10.05 at 11:09 AM. Reason: just a tidy up spelling wise
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.13, 07:15 AM   #17
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

ZCS is one of those things I won't have in my stockpile for awhile, but even when that time comes, I'm not from the UK, and the shipping will surely cost more than you would like (especially with the raising oil prices). I noticed right away when CD Japan and Tower Records stopped selling it, and I could've tried to buy some of the last copies HMV had, but somebody was auctioning off a complete set of the vinyls, and I didn't have any money left beyond that.

ZCS is currently cheap on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, so it's a shame your father won't have anything to do with deputy services. I had another used copy of the CD(s) that came bundled in an auction with cassette tapes, but I gave the spare CD(s) to a friend, because they weren't a collector item like the tapes.
Old 2008.06.13, 09:59 AM   #18
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

[random]
omg ringobingo you're 13!? and you've been a ringo fan since u were... 5?!
[/random]
Old 2008.06.13, 11:08 AM   #19
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

haha, you're welcome ringobingo!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.15, 10:53 AM   #20
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Hm... I rejected all kinds of music until I was like... 12 or something...
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote