Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.07.26, 10:33 PM   #41
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

ugh, JR has terrible taste in Gunjos =(
Old 2009.07.26, 11:00 PM   #42
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

My point is, I liked it because it sounded... energetic and fun compared to the other Phase 2 songs.
Old 2009.07.27, 02:54 AM   #43
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ohhh, like Variety!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.27, 04:35 AM   #44
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Ohhh, like Variety!
Really? I never would have guessed!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.27, 08:12 PM   #45
fluffiethesock

Never woulda guessed that Variety is energetic and fun? It might not be people's favorite, but I don't think anyone could claim it's not at least energetic. (or was I misreading what you said? :B )
Old 2009.07.28, 02:03 AM   #46
Beltshumeltz

Beltshumeltz is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by so_cold View Post
Looong post coming, but long-term fans would have made ones like this, so it's my turn.
Toumei Ningen (any version) is made of skip though.
Thanks for the great post! Lotsa interesting info and POV in there! By the way, I looked up every song name you wrote about just to make sure I was following you since I have the names written in Kanji which I can't read. But I like Toumei Ningen! I discovered it just a bit ago since any song other than Himitsu was skipped in the past until I finally listened to Adult a few times in a row. Then I learned to love it. I find that Toumei Ningen, despite the awful beginning is really nice most of the song.

Can someone tell me who does the first part of the guitar solo in Shuraba from Adult? I've already established that Uki, who's guitar people dislike, is the second part of the solo. Well, I really like the first guitar in there! I like Uki's guitar in other songs... Does anyone know the game Secret of Mana? It has a similar guitar sound in a few tracks, so perhaps the nostalgia makes me like Uki as well (in other songs, especially in Variety).

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Don't think SR is a great ballad writer, I never liked any of the ballads she wrote. Superstar has got the sensitive female singer songwriter chord progression (vi-IV-I-V) thing going on... just try singing "if only god was one of us" to that tune...
I'm not sure which song is Superstar (I rarely pay attention to my mp3 player) but I'm gonna try to block what you wrote out of my mind because I'm afraid if I try that test, I will then have to kill you Even if it ruined a bad song!
Beltshumeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.28, 02:46 AM   #47
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Never woulda guessed that Variety is energetic and fun? It might not be people's favorite, but I don't think anyone could claim it's not at least energetic. (or was I misreading what you said? :B )
I was saying that you liking Variety isn't new news =P
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.28, 03:08 AM   #48
fluffiethesock

Hey Meltybeltz, there's an edit button for adding to / subtracting from a post. People around here tend to frown upon multiple posts done in succession, so it's best to just combine your extra ones with the first. Just a friendly FYI :B

Also, do you remember any titles of the SoM songs you were referring to? I played through that game a couple times a few years ago, but I don't remember a plucky guitar in any of the music.

The first Shuraba solo is Ukigumo. The second is Izawa, and it's on a keyboard. :[

@Scribble - I gotcha.. but notice the lack of "I" in that statement. :B
BYAHHAH!
Old 2009.08.27, 11:38 AM   #49
JonnoJ

JonnoJ is headed in the right direction

Seems like the thread for random shiina questions, anyone know the story behind this pic?
http://www.last.fm/music/椎名林檎/+images/218822

Ooh, also been meaning to ask, anyone heard 玉手箱/tametebako? Any reviews of it from playgoers?

Last edited by JonnoJ : 2009.08.27 at 11:55 AM.
JonnoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.27, 11:45 AM   #50
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

It's a magazine shoot, Glath will be able to tell you the issue it appeared in.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote