Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.06.12, 04:32 PM   #21
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Lukewarm might be overstating it. Everyone at Japan Day was there to enjoy Japanese culture, and were reasonably enthusiastic, especially since they were clueless about Halcali. But I only saw one other person wearing a Halcali T shirt besides me. It's just a totally different vibe when you are playing for the general public outside for free versus indoors where people pay to get in and all are fans. But that did mean that they really appreciated and noticed their big fans like me.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.12, 05:15 PM   #22
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Lukewarm might be overstating it. Everyone at Japan Day was there to enjoy Japanese culture, and were reasonably enthusiastic, especially since they were clueless about Halcali. But I only saw one other person wearing a Halcali T shirt besides me. It's just a totally different vibe when you are playing for the general public outside for free versus indoors where people pay to get in and all are fans. But that did mean that they really appreciated and noticed their big fans like me.
Oh okay, well I understand that, that makes it much more understandable. If it was a paying crowd it would be much more "bananas"

Well I need you help, well more your opinion, I am wanting to put some halcali pvs on my cowon d2 and I would be wondering, what are your favorite pvs? Maybe your recommendations will get put on there first.

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me your favorite pvs and why they are your favorites?

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.06.14, 08:34 PM   #23
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

Strawberry Chips is a favorite. Who can resist happy dancing Christmas trees? Tandem has lots of action and cool video effects. Giri Giri Surf Rider channels Michael Jackson's Beat It video. Twinkle Star has lots of fun, varied action and weird things like a hip hop gorilla turning a boom box into a fox by sticking it inside of a washing machine. What's not to like? And Look is very clever visually and is the closest representation to how they look now, with Yucali having short hair in the PV.
Old 2008.06.15, 07:39 AM   #24
jigenbakuda

Strawberry Chips is a favorite. Who can resist happy dancing Christmas trees? Tandem has lots of action and cool video effects. Giri Giri Surf Rider channels Michael Jackson's Beat It video. Twinkle Star has lots of fun, varied action and weird things like a hip hop gorilla turning a boom box into a fox by sticking it inside of a washing machine. What's not to like? And Look is very clever visually and is the closest representation to how they look now, with Yucali having short hair in the PV.
Okay thanks, I had some of those in mind, but look slipped my mind, thanks. I may just start posting my random thoughts of halcali and their different pvs / songs later, I think it will be fun and keep this thread alive!

I see yucali on... I forget the name of the show, where people come on and the hosts play their music for them, yucali is a back up singer. I'm used to seeing her on there. Well I should say when I was in japan, I watched that show alot, so I'm more used to the short hair. I love the way she looks now. She was always my favorite.

Old 2008.06.18, 10:16 AM   #25
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

I found a link to an interview in J!-Ent on the HALCALI thread at Jpopmusic today. HALCALI interview
I started that thread back in 2006

And here is an autotranslated version of their diary detailing their time in NYC HALCALI in NYC

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2008.06.18 at 11:02 AM.
Old 2008.06.26, 02:10 PM   #26
jigenbakuda

I screwed up, look below

Old 2008.06.26, 02:12 PM   #27
jigenbakuda

I found a link to an interview in J!-Ent on the HALCALI thread at Jpopmusic today. HALCALI interview
I started that thread back in 2006

And here is an autotranslated version of their diary detailing their time in NYC HALCALI in NYC
Thanks a million for the interviews. I read them a while ago but never had time to comment on them.

Well I am going to give my informal, crazy opionion of my first pv. Okay today it will be the pv its a party time.

First off it reminds of my days walking thru justco or costco whatever its called. It reminds me of a japanese walmart .

Okay so the dance routine... Its really simple. Just a couple moves. Its more cute than anything. In videos before this one they would get down but this time they were much more reserved. It wasn't bad just something I noticed.

The video was not as funny as some of their old videos, but its still funny. Its kinda crazy with the big items, but it didn't make me laugh out loud, but I did chuckle.

Although its a party song, they weren't really excited till the end. In the end they were jumping around and going crazy, it was awesome!

I loved, I repeat loved the outfits. Its a perfect example of tokyo fashion. Of course my yukali was looking sexy in her gold leggings, lol. But anyways the one pieces were very nice. And the shoes were a complete match. I loved the girls in their new "look" with the heels and one pieces. Of course I would of preferred something more sexy, but... anyways it was all good.

The song is okay, I think its one of the better songs from cyborg oretachi, but I think most of the songs from there are mediocre. I felt the song was kinda laid back for a party song. I wish it would of been a little faster. But its a cool song.

I will not be talking about the same things in every video and I won't be grading them or anything, I'll just recommend the video or not. Really simple.

Soooo... I recommend this video. I think its a great way to get acquainted with the new halcali. they are grown up now and they are ladies. Their music has changed and they are now cute... get ready guys! So I think this is a great intro if you have never heard halcali since its more like the new material you will find for them.
Its party time

Old 2008.06.26, 10:11 PM   #28
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I knew it!! They are at Carrefour!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh I love Carrefourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~ *memories*
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote