Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.01, 09:10 AM   #21
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

2007, yes. It's doubly frustrating because if I do return to Japan, it'd be fall 08. And I was already there fall 06!! WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME RINGO ;___;
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 09:11 AM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

it is the end of this year, so based on Western school systems, the start of the next academic year. Thus, I meant those who might be studying abroad next academic year.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 09:18 AM   #23
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Alright got it.
Single's gonna come out in July eh?
Can't wait.

Eh, I don't really mind whatever genre she tries to explore next (even if it's hip hop) as long as it's creative and groundbreaking and most importantly, true to Ringo. In other words, if half the songs on the next album sound like Mirrorball or Oiran, then... she might just lose me as a fan.

(and then I'll start selling my JCHI tour goods. )

edit: Speculation! What will the new single/album be called?

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.05.01 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added in speculation part.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 09:57 AM   #24
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

3 more months to go!
Damn, if there really WAS a studio leak, I wish someone here had a way of finding it.

I am totally for an 'electronic' styled album.
That would be SWEET.

Thanks frecklegirl for the news!
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 10:00 AM   #25
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

I might be there this fall, and that would be too awesome.

I'm wondering if they will do multiple shows in each city, as some of the bigger acts who tour the US tend to do when they want to play smaller venues. Maybe a more relaxed set list, that morphs from night to night? It would be amazing to see a couple of shows with very different setlists.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 10:36 AM   #26
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

OOOOMG!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! @_@__@_@_@@_@

Finally, my hope has come true!!!! T_T I can wait until July, now that I know that there's going to be a release. T_T OMG, I'm so happy... ;_; Thank you so much, Ringo!! I love youu!!!! >_<

SPECULATION!! I have no clue about the single name, but the album title will probably follow the Eduation and Adult themes, right? o_o I remember people speculating on this before at RJ, but did anyone come up with a good guess? I dunno, what's after adulthood other than being old? @_@ Maybe 'starting a family,' which might be the right mood for the upcoming tour? o_o But that kind of music probably wouldn't 'expore new things' and wouldn't sound right with electronic music, if she really is going in that direction. XD I like electronic music, but I don't know if I'd like it from Tokyo Jihen. (I didn't really like "Oiran"s style.) I hope it's not reggae because I think I don't like it (but I haven't listened to a lot, in the first place. o_o) I thought the little snippet of metal in the Jchi. tour could be a peek into their next style, but I doubt they'd play metal in a small livehouse either. x_x Ahh, what's another genre that Ringo hasn't done yet?!?! >_<

Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Damn, if there really WAS a studio leak, I wish someone here had a way of finding it.
I think the leak was the news of the single, not the song itself. Or at least I hope so, so I won't have to be tempted if Pariscombo shares it with us. >_<;; But I wonder if Ringo was mad about the leak, since they weren't planning on announcing it until later. o_o

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
I might be there this fall, and that would be too awesome.

I'm wondering if they will do multiple shows in each city, as some of the bigger acts who tour the US tend to do when they want to play smaller venues. Maybe a more relaxed set list, that morphs from night to night? It would be amazing to see a couple of shows with very different setlists.
Ohh, that would be awesome!! *_* And, I hope you get to go to some of the shows!! >_<
Old 2007.05.01, 10:43 AM   #27
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
SPECULATION!! I have no clue about the single name, but the album title will probably follow the Eduation and Adult themes, right? o_o I remember people speculating on this before at RJ, but did anyone come up with a good guess? I dunno, what's after adulthood other than being old? @_@
If it's like Mirrorball and Oiran, they might as well just call it "Retirement." I'm hoping she goes back to playing catchy rock choruses, but yeah, won't happen. Something like FAKE?'s Dreamcatcher or Not a Marilyn would be ideal for me.
Old 2007.05.01, 11:01 AM   #28
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hahahhahahaahah XD I think "Mirrorball" would actually suit the theme, though. Hahah o_o But now that you bring up Retirement, maybe that was HF's theme and Tokyo Jihen's going to start over or just not follow the Education and Adult theme anymore.

I also wouldn't mind if she went back to rock, but I'm also excited about her 'exploring new sounds' yet again.
Old 2007.05.01, 11:01 AM   #29
cyruslo

cyruslo pleased at least somebody

Thanks frecklegirl! I've been longed for that news.

A single in July and a tour in October - does it imply that the album will be released this summer?

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
if half the songs on the next album sound like Mirrorball or Oiran, then... she might just lose me as a fan.
You spoke my words though I guess I'll still be Ringo's fan.
cyruslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 11:09 AM   #30
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
I also wouldn't mind if she went back to rock, but I'm also excited about her 'exploring new sounds' yet again.
The brand of rock I have in mind is really an electronic/hip-hop/rock fusion. Check out the "Listening thread" to hear a little of what I mean.

I also won't be in Japan for this. I'm going Spring '08. That's too bad. I'll miss my chance to offer to by goods for everybody and not come through.